Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   OMG... The Decemberists' new album.... HOLY SHIIIIIIIIIP IT!!!! (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=192862)

astroglide 08-24-2006 03:01 AM

Re: OMG... The Decemberists\' new album.... HOLY SHIIIIIIIIIP IT!!!!

[ QUOTE ]
I have no idea what the accent is

[/ QUOTE ]

ok, so shut up with the linguistics lessons. you're googling about accents on an album that technically doesn't exist, but i'm perfectly willing to accept his latest isn't irish. i really don't care, the point is that he appears to create regionally influenced accents out of thin air.

Bob Sacamano 08-24-2006 03:17 AM

After a full listen, I really like this album. I merely liked Picaresque; this is much, much better IMO. Agree with JoA that the seventh minute of the Island is omfgwtf.

Emmitt2222 10-05-2006 10:14 PM

Just a little bump because this album came out two days ago. I have been listening to it for over a month now and I still listen to it all the time. It is definitly my favorite of 2006 thus far.

wdcbooks 10-05-2006 10:34 PM

I haven't listened to this at all, but after reading reviews I am excited to hear it. Can I assume that if my favorite artists include Belle and Sebastian and Robyn Hitchcock I will probably like them?

The DaveR 10-05-2006 10:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
They are amazing live, I lived in Portland, OR for a awhile and had the pleasure of seeing them 4-5 times. I saw them open for the Pixies outdoor in Bend,OR. also saw them in Portland at the Rosemont theatre when closing the show they destroyed a bunch of equipment, total unexpected and brilliant. The Tain is a brilliant track as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, they're a lot of fun. I've seen them 3 times in New York.

private joker 10-05-2006 10:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Can I assume that if my favorite artists include Belle and Sebastian and Robyn Hitchcock I will probably like them?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes.

The DaveR 10-05-2006 10:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
that section reminds me of Jethro Tull

[/ QUOTE ]

the album is clearly prog-influenced, but i think that part is specifically lifting from radiohead's paranoid android. ok computer was proggy too.

just blind polled the gf as i typed and asked her what it reminded her of...she said radiohead's paranoid android [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's really too bad. I haven't gotten my copy of the new CD in the mail yet, but a lot of their charm in their second (and best IMO) CD is that the songs were quick and clever.

xxThe_Lebowskixx 10-05-2006 10:49 PM

do u have to be bisexul to be a hipster?

private joker 10-05-2006 10:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]

That's really too bad. I haven't gotten my copy of the new CD in the mail yet, but a lot of their charm in their second (and best IMO) CD is that the songs were quick and clever.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't worry Dave, even the long songsuites here are broken up into quick/clever chunks of 2-minute genius.

No time at all, not a second, is wasted on this record. It's tight and over before you know it.

The DaveR 10-05-2006 10:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
do u have to be bisexul to be a hipster?

[/ QUOTE ]

It helps. Living in Thailand is also good if you're bi.