Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Third pair checked for the second time. (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=495137)

jeanbaptiste36 09-06-2007 04:19 PM

Third pair checked for the second time.

PokerStars 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (4 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks, MP1 checks.

Turn: (2 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks, MP1 checks.

River: (2 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero folds, MP1 folds, SB folds.

Final Pot: 2 BB

Our river bettor is 22/4/4. The pot is so small I don't know if it's worth betting something here somewhere with this coordinated flop.

nerdking 09-06-2007 04:21 PM

Re: Third pair checked for the second time.

let it go. 2BB isn't worth it with 3 spades on the board and that many overcards. Also, depending on table conditions I raise 88 pf.

CrMenace 09-06-2007 04:28 PM

Oh, you're folding the river for sure. I would have considered betting the turn if that darn A hadn't come. But when the ace your hand just cannot be best, and you're not going to fold any A, or the guy with the Q who saw it checked around on the flop.

Echo that 88 is sometimes a pf raise.

jeanbaptiste36 09-06-2007 04:47 PM

Well, I thought that since the aggression is 4 on the bettor he could very well be bluffing with all the scarecards. He could have nothing. He would have bet the king earlier, or a flush-draw but the pot is so damn small.

bravos1 09-06-2007 04:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well, I thought that since the aggression is 4 on the bettor he could very well be bluffing with all the scarecards. He could have nothing. He would have bet the king earlier, or a flush-draw but the pot is so damn small.

[/ QUOTE ]

A flush draw or a weak King plays just like this quite a bit.

CrMenace 09-06-2007 04:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure, that's possible, but he has to be doing it and no one else calling good 25% of the time for this to be B/E. Think this is going to happen that often?

fdwarrior 09-06-2007 05:05 PM

vill bets in 3 opp on 3 flush + pair of Ks on the board - easy fold

Buzz-cp 09-06-2007 05:15 PM

you could raise pf, otherwise standard. I'm not betting this hand into 4 villains on flop or turn, and I'm not calling the river either--very small pot and our hand is pretty marginal.

Xhad 09-06-2007 05:39 PM

There is a decent chance he's bluffing but there's also a decent chance he hit his flush and wasn't willing to bet the fd on the flop for whatever reason. There's also the other 2 players one of which will often overcall with a weak hand that beats you like Qx, so if you call you will often catch a bluff and still lose.

jeanbaptiste36 09-06-2007 06:16 PM

OK, 2 guys behind me. That makes it clear.