Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Politics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Civil disbediance: gogogo, or nonono? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=495690)

Dan. 09-07-2007 06:32 PM

Re: Civil disbediance: gogogo, or nonono?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Pay for teachers is determined by seniority. The skills they learn aren't very transferable. Add these two up and most of the teachers would take a big salary hit if they left.

[/ QUOTE ]

Too bad they can't go work for the school's competitors...

[/ QUOTE ]

They can. DUCY?

pvn 09-07-2007 07:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
When they messed up the second check, I would have walked off the job on the spot, and I would tell them that I would not be back until I have been fully paid what I am owed.

[/ QUOTE ]
Pay for teachers is determined by seniority. The skills they learn aren't very transferable. Add these two up and most of the teachers would take a big salary hit if they left.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, if you're only getting a check for $20, it looks like you're taking a pretty big hit if you stay.

Moseley 09-07-2007 07:37 PM

Another sign of government incompetence. If I were Prez of the U.S., my Sec of Ed better have briefed me on this situation. I would have immediately identified the situation as a crisis and had the fed step in and paid the teachers and then gone after the state.

I also would not have worried about making sure the teachers were paid the correct amount. If they told me they were owed 3k, I'd pay em 3k. If it turned out they were lying, I'd go after them, because they would be signing a sworn affidavit as to how much they were owed.

Every teacher would have a check before I got paid again.

But that's just me.

Copernicus 09-07-2007 07:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Another sign of government incompetence. If I were Prez of the U.S., my Sec of Ed better have briefed me on this situation. I would have immediately identified the situation as a crisis and had the fed step in and paid the teachers and then gone after the state.

I also would not have worried about making sure the teachers were paid the correct amount. If they told me they were owed 3k, I'd pay em 3k. If it turned out they were lying, I'd go after them, because they would be signing a sworn affidavit as to how much they were owed.

But that's just me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Feds have no jurisdiction to "go after" a State that has no jurisdiction over a school district. From what Ive read every teacher that didn't get their regular check would get an emergency check hand cut. Something still isnt computing with the (revised) OP.

Adam Carolla 09-07-2007 08:03 PM

Corruption in a public school system? shshshshshocking! Someone's gonna have to peel me off the floor.

SNOWBALL 09-07-2007 08:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Feds have no jurisdiction to "go after" a State that has no jurisdiction over a school district. From what Ive read every teacher that didn't get their regular check would get an emergency check hand cut. Something still isnt computing with the (revised) OP.

[/ QUOTE ]

copernicus,

what are your sources? I'd like to share them with my sister so she can get paid.

SNOWBALL 09-07-2007 08:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]

But that's just me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Moseley for prez!

Do you have a first name or do I just write in Moseley on election day?
P.S. I was gonna vote for Dan. or LateforDinner, and still might, depending on what stance they take on this issue.

latefordinner 11-26-2007 10:02 PM

Wait, what am I getting elected to do?

p.s. - i'm back - any of you capitalist pig dogs come over to leftist anarchism yet?

hmkpoker 11-26-2007 10:06 PM

lololololololololololololololololol

lehighguy 11-26-2007 10:10 PM

Gogogogo