Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Full Ring (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=80)
-   -   Why does everyone in online FR always cbet? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=399583)

betgo 05-10-2007 12:36 AM

Why does everyone in online FR always cbet?

I have noticed there is almost always this automatic fairly large cbet. In MTTs, SNG, and particularly in live cash games, this is much less the case.

IFeltYourRack 05-10-2007 12:49 AM

Re: Why does everyone in online FR always cbet?

Consider stack sizes and the quality of play between online ring and the others you mentioned.

Mr_Donktastic 05-10-2007 01:43 AM

Because they play a ton of tables and are barely thinking about anything.

I think I'm around 66% for bet after preflop raise fwiw...

Better Than U 05-10-2007 01:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think I'm around 66% for bet after preflop raise fwiw...

[/ QUOTE ]I'm around the same as well. Lots of c-bets are just spewage city.

Albert Moulton 05-10-2007 01:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I have noticed there is almost always this automatic fairly large cbet. In MTTs, SNG, and particularly in live cash games, this is much less the case.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I've improved my game a lot by just stopping auto-cb'ing every flop. I still cb quite a bit, but I consider stacks, number of callers, villain's tendencies, and the texture of the flop. But I've also started disguising my flop checks, especially oop, with checking some made hands, as well.

Anyway, auto-cb'ing without factoring in all the things I listed gets to be pretty spewy if anybody behind you notices and floats or raises light to steal.

Jurrr 05-10-2007 02:00 AM

I need to work on less cbetting.

Nevertheless, whenever I post a hand where I haven't cbet a bad hand on a low paired flop against a frequent floater/cbetraisor I get 3 people asking me "why no cbet?" lol [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].

Ron Burgundy 05-10-2007 02:15 AM

I cbet 73%. I've also been trying to do it less, especially oop against tards.

I consider cbet % to be just as important a stat to have on an opponent as AF and ATS. If it's not in your HUD display, start putting it there.

nation 05-10-2007 02:22 AM

I cbet closer to 80% but I'm 12 tabling so I can't pay as much attention to table dynamics. It's something I'm working on though.

Cry Me A River 05-10-2007 02:24 AM

I think this is very dependant on your preflop play and your image in general.

If you're 30/15 then you're often going to have nothing on the flop and other players will realise you raise a lot and if they adjust then cbetting too much, particularly OOP, can put you in difficult situations.

OTOH, if you're 10/5 you're much more likely to have a hand on the flop and/or position so cbetting is much more likely to be a good play.

Throw in other factors like how you play on later streets and I think attempting to generalise here without considering other factors could be very dangerous.

betgo 05-10-2007 02:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think this is very dependant on your preflop play and your image in general.

If you're 30/15 then you're often going to have nothing on the flop and other players will realise you raise a lot and if they adjust then cbetting too much, particularly OOP, can put you in difficult situations.

OTOH, if you're 10/5 you're much more likely to have a hand on the flop and/or position so cbetting is much more likely to be a good play.

Throw in other factors like how you play on later streets and I think attempting to generalise here without considering other factors could be very dangerous.

[/ QUOTE ]
I am 30/15 and my cbet % is 51%. Of course, I sometimes check when I hit, and don't necessarily give up on the hand when I don't cbet.