Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   FTP + Multi-Table + PT + PaHud = Freeze. Fix? (maybe) (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=477736)

StrikeR300 08-14-2007 09:27 PM

FTP + Multi-Table + PT + PaHud = Freeze. Fix? (maybe)

I was getting annoyed at the lag this morning, so I tried turning animations off. It seemed to make it run a lot smoother.

I don't know about everyone else, but that freeze/lag seems to tilt the hell out of me.

Bishop22 08-14-2007 09:50 PM

Re: FTP + Multi-Table + PT + PaHud = Freeze. Fix? (maybe)

That will free up a minimal amount of processing power but I think everyone who is MTing already has animations off, some other ideas that would help a lot more...adjusting process priority, optimizing PT import interval, changing to windows classic theme (biggest help), restarting FT during breaks, switching to PostSQL, cleaning up databases, have PAHud cache only the database you are using..

holdme 08-14-2007 09:56 PM

these are good, and ftp support suggested none of them

they basically said sorry you won't play here

StrikeR300 08-14-2007 10:02 PM

It went from lagging a bit every hand (9 tabling), & freezing during a PT import (for about 15 seconds). To running extremely smooth after turning animations off.
--
-adjusting process priority: How?
-restarting FT during breaks: Good Idea, kill memory leaks
-switching to PostSQL: I'll try this
-cleaning up databases: I do this twice a week
-have PAHud cache only the database you are using: I do this.

Leader 08-14-2007 10:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
optimizing PT import interval

[/ QUOTE ]

please to be explaining this thx

YoureToast 08-14-2007 10:43 PM

Its unbelievable a site as mature as FTP continues to have these problems. This is NOT a PAHud specific problem. Their software since the resizable table update has lagged and is nonresponsive. Whats more amazing is how they can simply ignore the problem like it doesn't exist.

StrikeR300 08-14-2007 10:59 PM

This is true: I can play 12 tables with PT sucking hands every 3 minutes, & PaHud going @pokerstars w/zero lag.

PaHud & PT seem to make FTP a lot more non-responsive though.
--
I think you're being a bit harsh on FTP. Remember Party Poker's lag/freeze/random dis's -or- PokerRoom's OMGWTF is wrong with this EF'n POS software -or- other sites/completely non-responsive support (FTP doesn't have great support (PS FTW), but I've def seen A LOT worse)?

YoureToast 08-14-2007 11:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is true: I can play 12 tables with PT sucking hands every 3 minutes, & PaHud going @pokerstars w/zero lag.

--
I think you're being a bit harsh on FTP. Remember Party Poker's lag/freeze/random dis's -or- PokerRoom's OMGWTF is wrong with this EF'n POS software -or- other sites/completely non-responsive support (FTP doesn't have great support (PS FTW), but I've def seen A LOT worse)?

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess what bugs me the most is that their software used to be outstanding before the resizable table update. Presumably, they added resizable tables to (1) help multitablers see more tables and (2) compete better Stars. Ironically, they've hurt multitables by making it almost impossible to multitable, expecially with PA Hud and they are losing customers to Stars because of the LAG.

Whats most frustrating is their deafening silence on the issue.

Bishop22 08-14-2007 11:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
optimizing PT import interval

[/ QUOTE ]

please to be explaining this thx

[/ QUOTE ]

just meant making sure the the import interval you are using is ideal for your setup...I set PT to import every minute, the imports are quick and it doesn't create a lag, if I set it to 5 minutes it would lag during the imports, results vary based on setup but I believe 1 minutes is probably ideal for the average person

Bishop22 08-14-2007 11:55 PM

-adjusting process priority: How?
run task manager (alt-cntrl-del) right click the FT process and PAHud process and set to high, set PT to low

-switching to PostSQL: I'll try this
This is pretty much a necessity if your DB is approaching 100K hands

Just to reiterate if you are still having lag, switching to Windows classic theme is going to make a bigger difference probably than all the rest combined, it is only a couple clicks to switch back when you are done playing

Bishop22 08-15-2007 12:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

--

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess what bugs me the most is that their software used to be outstanding before the resizable table update. Presumably, they added resizable tables to (1) help multitablers see more tables and (2) compete better Stars. Ironically, they've hurt multitables by making it almost impossible to multitable, expecially with PA Hud and they are losing customers to Stars because of the LAG.

Whats most frustrating is their deafening silence on the issue.

[/ QUOTE ]

I remember the Party lag when they released their major update that included resizable tables (2/06) it was much worse. What I don't understand is why there isn't an option to DL a scaled-down version with standard tables for us non-poor MTers who can afford the desktop real estate.

kim2005 08-16-2007 05:07 PM

how to switching to Windows classic theme ?

Thanir 08-16-2007 05:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
how to switching to Windows classic theme ?

[/ QUOTE ]
Rt click desktop, click properties
Click 'theme' tab, Windows Classic is in the pull down tab.

I have way less lag since i did this

fozzy71 08-16-2007 07:56 PM

I have never had lag at FT. I have also never used PAHUD. Coincidence?

I used to import with PT on the fly, and use GT+ for my HUD. I now use Realtime HUD by MikeChops.

I actually datamine using this HUD without PT. All of my opponents stats and mine are updated every hand. After each session I import the hands into PT. This saves me from bogging down my PT (Access) database with datamined hands. IT also saves me from getting "hand import lag" like when I used to import with the timer.

thac 08-16-2007 08:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have never had lag at FT. I have also never used PAHUD. Coincidence?

I used to import with PT on the fly, and use GT+ for my HUD. I now use Realtime HUD by MikeChops.

I actually datamine using this HUD without PT. All of my opponents stats and mine are updated every hand. After each session I import the hands into PT. This saves me from bogging down my PT (Access) database with datamined hands. IT also saves me from getting "hand import lag" like when I used to import with the timer.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, when I close PAHud, my FTP lag stops. I have never got that.

albedoa 08-16-2007 08:30 PM

How does one switch to PostSQL?

Bishop22 08-16-2007 08:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How does one switch to PostSQL?

[/ QUOTE ]
www.pokertracker.com

JoeSchmo 08-17-2007 03:11 AM

When switching to Windows Classic and back to XP, is there some way to not lose my desktop background settings?

ryang 08-20-2007 10:05 PM

My freezing/lagging just came from no where, everything was running perfectly smooth, then last night some people were also complaining of lagging, so i just figure full tilts having issues. today its running like complete crap, and people in game say they are not having any issues.

ryang 08-20-2007 10:06 PM

also, when running pahud, my cpu usage is hitting like 100% every couple of seconds.

Bishop22 08-20-2007 10:21 PM

DL the new PA Hud yet? There is a standard draw option which uses less resources.

ryang 08-21-2007 01:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
DL the new PA Hud yet? There is a standard draw option which uses less resources.

[/ QUOTE ]
yes and i even unchecked it, because i was using it and it was working perfect. it's really weird. thing is, it works fine if i play 2 tables, but when i play 4 it starts acting up.

mappedout 08-21-2007 02:42 PM

i've seen pokeracesoftware josh talking about fulltilt's recent updates and the trouble he has had with them. I believe pahud has released a newer stable version (v1.18) just a couple days ago. FullTilt resizeable tables is listed as one of the fixes... try it out. The latest beta version before a couple days ago was v1.17, now the beta version is v1.19

hope that helps...

ryang 08-21-2007 02:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i've seen pokeracesoftware josh talking about fulltilt's recent updates and the trouble he has had with them. I believe pahud has released a newer stable version (v1.18) just a couple days ago. FullTilt resizeable tables is listed as one of the fixes... try it out. The latest beta version before a couple days ago was v1.17, now the beta version is v1.19

hope that helps...

[/ QUOTE ]

try the beta one? that says it might not be stable?

Thanir 08-21-2007 03:09 PM

Yeah try the new version of PAH beta.

The release notes say:
What's New:
#Fixed: PokerStars preferred seating issue introduced with their update
#Changed: Added "Standard Drawing" option for Full Tilt for users who want to try it to avoid performance hits.

And that might fix your prob. Most PAH/FTP issues have quieted down since this release. Btw I still have some lag, but not like it was before the new version.

ryang 08-21-2007 03:26 PM

downloaded beta, still no difference. standard drawing doesn't show stats.

ryang 08-21-2007 04:29 PM

Options->Preferences->Databases, check "Use Database Cache" then restart PAH.

I suggest doing this overnight or when you'll be away from your computer for awhile. The initial database creation can take some time depending on the size of your database(s).

Best regards,

APerfect10

kslghost 08-21-2007 06:04 PM

I assume this was a PM to you...? or a reply in another post, right?

Bobo Fett 08-21-2007 06:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I assume this was a PM to you...? or a reply in another post, right?

[/ QUOTE ]
APerfect10 is a mod/tech support over at the PokerAce forum. They're very helpful there.

kslghost 08-21-2007 06:11 PM

Yep, and in the software forum here.

ajml 08-21-2007 06:40 PM

windows classic theme makes a ridiculous difference on not only full tilt but everything on your computer

Suited76 08-23-2007 03:36 PM

Maybe this has been posted before, but if not.....

For those of you that datamine and have lag problems, try changing the Full Tilt directory path under the PA Hud options. Instead of pointing just to the Hand History directory, actually give it the folder for your screen name.

This way Poker Ace only puts the overlay on your tables and doesn't interfere with the tables you are mining.

It's a lot less work on your processor/video card and it definitely helped me.

ryang 08-23-2007 04:14 PM

turn on auto database cache or w/e under the prefrences > cache > auto update

Emperor 08-27-2007 06:08 AM

Another thing you can do is set the FT client to only use 1 processor. Poker Clients are notorious for destroying dual processor machines. The processors spend all their processing power splitting up the work, and none of it ever gets done. :P

Kevroc 08-27-2007 10:44 AM

I've done everything in this thread and it has worked very well.

Classic view and 1 minute imports were a big help and postgreSQL fo' sure.

But, i still get yellow screen of death once in awhile and only during one function and thats...

when you close a table or click "sit" when the seat available note pops up.. because it brings up the lobby screen and thats fckes up EVERYTHING.

It takes FOREVER for the lobby to pop up and it freezes/yellows all the open tables, it sucks big time.

A quick fix that has been giving me decent results is to NEVER minimize the lobby screen so yeah it will snatch focus during those times but, it wont hafta "pop" up and fkcu everything up.

Thanir 08-27-2007 02:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Another thing you can do is set the FT client to only use 1 processor. Poker Clients are notorious for destroying dual processor machines. The processors spend all their processing power splitting up the work, and none of it ever gets done. :P

[/ QUOTE ]
How do you do this?

Emperor 08-27-2007 03:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
How do you do this?

[/ QUOTE ]

ctrl-alt-del
find fulltilt executable on list of programs
right click on it and change affinity to 1 processor

(I think this is how, I bought a single processor PC due to this problem)

Bishop22 08-27-2007 05:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've done everything in this thread and it has worked very well.

Classic view and 1 minute imports were a big help and postgreSQL fo' sure.

But, i still get yellow screen of death once in awhile and only during one function and thats...

when you close a table or click "sit" when the seat available note pops up.. because it brings up the lobby screen and thats fckes up EVERYTHING.

It takes FOREVER for the lobby to pop up and it freezes/yellows all the open tables, it sucks big time.

A quick fix that has been giving me decent results is to NEVER minimize the lobby screen so yeah it will snatch focus during those times but, it wont hafta "pop" up and fkcu everything up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is anyone else getting the yellow screen during processor lag? I personally never get the yellow screen during processor lag only internet lag. During processor lag I get frozen screens, buttons that don't work and delayed sounds but never the yellow screen.

-Kevroc, is your processor is running at 100% when you open the lobby and get the yellow screen?

BGnight 08-27-2007 06:56 PM

My fult tilt (on vista) lags like a bitch. I tried changing the affinity to 1 processor. This didn't do anything.
I turned off the sound. It runs fine. (This is all w/out PT+PAHUD running mind you)

bigslicknuts 09-08-2007 01:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Options->Preferences->Databases, check "Use Database Cache" then restart PAH.

I suggest doing this overnight or when you'll be away from your computer for awhile. The initial database creation can take some time depending on the size of your database(s).

Best regards,

APerfect10

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm just about to convert over to PostSQL, is this still something that should be done??