Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   BBV4Life (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   Laughing by yourself? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=539741)

tarheeljks 11-06-2007 03:50 PM

Re: Laughing by yourself?

no worries. i was going for tongue and cheek; it wasn't meant to sound confrontational.

Himself 11-06-2007 03:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why the [censored] do you need to be with someone else to laugh? You have serious issues if you think that is weird.

[/ QUOTE ]

Serious issues might be a bit harsh. For me, it's a matter of degree. I probably laugh louder when I'm with other people, but I don't do it on purpose and I can still laugh loudly at things by myself, it just takes slightly more.

YBravo 11-06-2007 03:59 PM

I laughed out loud by myself several times reading this thread.

g-bebe 11-06-2007 04:14 PM

i laff all the time when i read 2p2 and my roommates yell at me frmo their rooms to stfu

ItalianFX 11-06-2007 04:23 PM

It appears that some are with me, some against. Don't get me wrong, I laugh to myself, and I'll tell you what, if something can make me laugh out loud when I'm by myself, it must be pretty [censored] funny. It seems socially awkward to laugh by yourself because laughing is usually a group thing.

Triumph36 11-06-2007 04:26 PM

i laugh way too much when alone, but if i know there's someone else listening i try not to.

gimmetheloot 11-06-2007 04:29 PM

I laugh alone all the time...if something is funny enough to make me laugh, why should I care if i am alone or with others? I dont get it OP.

ItalianFX 11-06-2007 04:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I laugh alone all the time...if something is funny enough to make me laugh, why should I care if i am alone or with others? I dont get it OP.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't mean hold it in and don't laugh because everyone is going to make fun of you. I'm saying that I don't understand why someone laughs out loud when they are by themselves when a small chuckle or smile will still make you feel happy.

And just as I'm writing this, my other roommate is doing the same thing, however, I know when he does it, he's going to yell at me to come check it out.

gatorch0mp 11-06-2007 04:48 PM

Laugh by myself all the time (maybe I shouldn't reveal that)...

Seriously though... if my family's asleep or something I'll tone it down a bit, but my reactions aren't too different alone vs. in a group.... actually in some circumstances I may laugh just a little less in a group vs. alone.

I think a similar thing would be when you're watching a sports game by yourself. I'll be alone and jump and pump my fists and holler if my team scores a TD. My wife may shake her head as she walks by but I don't think she thinks I'm completely insane.

-G

Poofler 11-06-2007 04:48 PM

Um, because we often don't consciously choose to laugh? It's just a reaction.