Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Pros/Cons of Mexican/Canadian bank account (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=311253)

maxtower 01-21-2007 07:22 AM

Pros/Cons of Mexican/Canadian bank account

Lets say that just for fun one day you decided you would like to open a foreign bank account. Since Mexico and Canada are the closest countries to where I live, they are probably good choices. Does anyone here have a trip report for opening a Mexican or Canadian bank account. How easy/difficult is it?

Neil S 01-21-2007 03:54 PM

Re: Pros/Cons of Mexican/Canadian bank account

Would that actually work? Do Canadian banks give debit cards that the sites accept? Will Neteller not balk if you're constantly logging in from the US for your 'Canadian' account?

KingMoore 01-21-2007 04:51 PM

Hey guys,
I don't know about Canada or Mexico specifically, but I moved to New Zealand and after doing so, I had my Neteller account switched from a US account to a Non-US account. It took me quite a lot of talking to customer service before they told me that Non-US accounts (at least mine) can not be linked to a bank account.

maxtower 01-21-2007 06:47 PM

So you are able to use Neteller just as easily with your NZ account as you were with your US bank account?

Off Duty 01-21-2007 10:05 PM

Will Neteller let you open up a second account?

1p0kerboy 01-21-2007 10:09 PM

Don't you have to have a Canadian address?

joeker 01-21-2007 10:30 PM

Nope...Americans can open Canadian bank accounts, only requirements are valid password and 2nd picture ID and you have to physically go to the Canadian bank to open the account.

Note: Most Canadian banks report to the IRS

[ QUOTE ]
Don't you have to have a Canadian address?

[/ QUOTE ]

1p0kerboy 01-21-2007 10:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Nope...Americans can open Canadian bank accounts, only requirements are valid password and 2nd picture ID and you have to physically go to the Canadian bank to open the account.

Note: Most Canadian banks report to the IRS

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the response. Do you have to have a Canadian address to open a Neteller account?

joeker 01-21-2007 10:37 PM

That was my first answer: NO

[ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the response. Do you have to have a Canadian address to open a Neteller account?

[/ QUOTE ]

BiPolar_Nut 01-21-2007 10:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Regardless of the answer, I'd prefer to have one. They're cheap, you can have a bill or two sent there, and use it for gaming sites as well.