Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Brick and Mortar (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Stud Action in Vegas (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=539241)

cwar 11-05-2007 09:11 PM

Stud Action in Vegas

Im looking for Stud/Stud8/Razz games in the 10/20 to 30/60 range that run somewhat regularly, thanks! Mixed games in this range are fine too.

swope 11-05-2007 09:15 PM

Re: Stud Action in Vegas

bellagio has a very lively 20/40 stud game.

lively mixed games as well around those limits IIRC...

cwar 11-05-2007 09:20 PM

Are the mixed games HORSE or HOSE?

toutatis70 11-05-2007 09:43 PM

There is one stud game in town 20/40 Bellagio. It features indirect collusion due to the fact that 6 of the players know each other. Coming to vegas for a stud vacation is like going to the Bahamas for a ski trip.

*TT* 11-05-2007 11:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There is one stud game in town 20/40 Bellagio. It features indirect collusion due to the fact that 6 of the players know each other. Coming to vegas for a stud vacation is like going to the Bahamas for a ski trip.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree. Its essentially a locals game, but as everyone knows generally the locals suck at poker.

the 40/80 mix at Bellagio is generally 2-7 Triple Draw, Badugi, and Stud 8 now a days. Sometimes Omaha * or Stud high-low without a qualifier is included.

toutatis70 11-06-2007 12:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree. Its essentially a locals game, but as everyone knows generally the locals suck at poker.

the 40/80 mix at Bellagio is generally 2-7 Triple Draw, Badugi, and Stud 8 now a days. Sometimes Omaha * or Stud high-low without a qualifier is included.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was going by what the midlimit floor man explained to me after I gave him a tip. He also said they will at times get one to two business men that are not that great. The regulars are waiting for the business men. I would think for only one stud table with a long waiting list at times cause of regulars in all of Las vegas that there are much better spots in this country. One last note, there is a low limit 1-5 no ante game at mirage. The rest of stud games are not regular.

*TT* 11-06-2007 12:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was going by what the midlimit floor man explained to me after I gave him a tip. He also said they will at times get one to two business men that are not that great. The regulars are waiting for the business men. I would think for only one stud table with a long waiting list at times cause of regulars in all of Las vegas that there are much better spots in this country. One last note, there is a low limit 1-5 no ante game at mirage. The rest of stud games are not regular.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have never met a floorman whose opinion I trust about the quality of a game, 9x out of 10 dealers and floor people are horrible players.

toutatis70 11-06-2007 02:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have never met a floorman whose opinion I trust about the quality of a game, 9x out of 10 dealers and floor people are horrible players.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL. I had a feeling dealers were poor players, but now I know not to trust the floor people. I will watch the games myself before I decide to put my name on a list. What's funny about this is I have been asking the floor people for some time now and believing everything they have said.
Thanks

RydenStoompala 11-06-2007 02:26 AM

I played the Bellagio game and beat those misable old colluding, diaper-wearing sneeze jackets like rented mules. It's a terrible game. I love playing stud now-and-then but Vegas is a stud desert.

jsmith5 11-06-2007 05:38 AM

oxymoron: using stud, action, and vegas all in the same sentence.

go to foxwoods.