Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Politics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   ***Official Ron Paul video thread*** (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=406077)

Scary_Tiger 11-14-2007 01:58 AM

Re: ***Official Ron Paul video thread***

Yeah, I don't think the ad is too good, but whatever it's still good for the campaign.

For all you happy to see this poll exclusion, Tancredo has accepted an invitation so apparently it's just to keep Cox'n'Keyes out.

ojc02 11-14-2007 02:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If RP doesn't get the Republican nomination, can he still stay in the race for the general election as an independent?

I'm getting a hard-on just thinking about him debating HillaRudy while they agree on everything.

[/ QUOTE ]

He's said he won't do this. Besides, the networks don't let third party candidates into the debates - the major party candidates would boycott the debate - they have them by the balls.

Scary_Tiger 11-14-2007 02:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If RP doesn't get the Republican nomination, can he still stay in the race for the general election as an independent?

I'm getting a hard-on just thinking about him debating HillaRudy while they agree on everything.

[/ QUOTE ]

He's said he won't do this. Besides, the networks don't let third party candidates into the debates - the major party candidates would boycott the debate - they have them by the balls.

[/ QUOTE ]

They'd debate him if he got 15-20% in the polls. He won't get there without being in the debate though.

bills217 11-14-2007 02:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

They let Perot in didn't they?

Taso 11-14-2007 02:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've never heard him say he wouldn't do it. I've heard him say "I don't plan to" "I have no intention to". Much like Al Gore, this keeps the possibilities open.

ojc02 11-14-2007 02:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've never heard him say he wouldn't do it. I've heard him say "I don't plan to" "I have no intention to". Much like Al Gore, this keeps the possibilities open.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point, he has never said outright that he wouldn't do it.

Which party d'you think he takes the most votes from if he does go 3rd party? The fact that the frontrunning dems are all war-mongers complicates things...

AlexM 11-14-2007 02:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

They'd debate him if he got 15-20% in the polls.

[/ QUOTE ]

No they wouldn't. They let Perot in in 1992, but after that the Demopublicans took control of the debates and they didn't let him in in 1996.

owsley 11-14-2007 03:08 AM

I remember someone else a while ago complaining about people calling RP "Dr. Paul", this has definitely started to piss me off too. It comes off really badly, especially to all the people who don't really have a grasp on who he is or have been told some warped version of what he stands for. (Racist Newsletter! Opposes government funding for the IRS and Dept of Education, but supports government funding genocides in Africa! Wants to repeal the Civil Rights Act!).

Ron Burgundy 11-14-2007 03:14 AM

Huh? RP is a doctor, what's so wrong about calling him a doctor?

owsley 11-14-2007 03:17 AM

Nothing really, but it just sounds annoying. Just my opinion, I know other people feel the same way. And I support RP hugely so its coming from something other than being biased against it.