Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   ***uNL Microbrew Thread*** NOV 2007 (ot) (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=535766)

LT22 11-18-2007 01:54 PM

Re: ***uNL Microbrew Thread*** NOV 2007 (ot)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
you guys are blowing everything out of proportion.

the worst thing you can do when moving up is change a working system.

i think that any Ptbb/100 you can do at nl50, is doable at nl100.

having the attitude that the game is any tougher is baaaaaaddd...ive logged 20k hands at nl100 and done well. I attribute my success to 2 things:

Not acknowledging any difference in skill level and therefore not changing my play in any way shape or form.

playing shorter session that were always winners at first. You need the confidence boost. You should get in like an old man into a bath, but you shouldn't fix whats working.

[/ QUOTE ]

whyzze, I took your short session advice and I like it a lot. At the same time, I'm mad at myself for not getting in many hands lately. Oh well.

I semi-disagree that you shouldn't change anything. It really depends on the player. If you're an autopilot nit, you will probably be exploited at 100NL. It's not to say you won't win money, but you won't fare well against the solid regs.

[/ QUOTE ]

table selection is the key...NL100 isn't hard

whyzze 11-18-2007 01:56 PM

sdlfkjlsa;dkjg;lkdajfl;kdsfj

I hate donkaments...i cant win a single 60/40 or flip

Spurious 11-18-2007 01:57 PM

Quick question:

Poker Stars, $0.05/$0.10 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

MP: $6
CO: $2.95
BTN: $9.85
SB: $13.35
Hero (BB): $10.55
UTG: $9.45

MP posts $0.10
Pre-Flop: K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BB)
<font color="red">UTG raises to $0.50</font>, 2 folds, <font color="red">BTN raises to $1.50</font>, SB folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $4.50</font>, UTG calls $4, BTN calls $3

Flop: ($13.65) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (3 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $6.05 and is All-In</font>

Button is a lagtard (55/35/3.5), and UTG is an idiot

Who is not paying off here?

@Kimo:
More tables, less focus, less thinking
it is player dependant obviously

Nemesis69 11-18-2007 02:02 PM

Nobody in uNL imo.

Wilpro 11-18-2007 02:07 PM

Wonder how often you see AA, QQ or JJ pop up in that spur [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Spurious 11-18-2007 02:08 PM

one had JJ the idiot had AQs

DaycareInferno 11-18-2007 02:14 PM

i think some players do a lot better by playing a number of tables that doesn't allow them to think everything through completely. mostly because they overthink things when they have the time and invent good bluffing situations that really aren't actually good at all.

kaz2107 11-18-2007 02:16 PM

awsome brag:... http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b6...ntitled-19.jpg
brag or beat [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]:had 500 bucks in my account at the begining of september
beat: dont have a very good win rate at n e of the limits. just been grinding hard and gettin boni and rb and winning some while running bad

varience... im done playin till after thnx gvng so i think imma do sumthing for unl. n e suggestions?? i was thinking of like an "ask kaz about bluffing and playin aggresive" im open for suggestions tho.

whyzze 11-18-2007 02:18 PM

is that the absolute poker?

Wilpro 11-18-2007 02:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i think some players do a lot better by playing a number of tables that doesn't allow them to think everything through completely. mostly because they overthink things when they have the time and invent good bluffing situations that really aren't actually good at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

At micros don't you want to be playing at 2nd level thinking. That is where you think what cards your opponent could have. You want to play against donkeys who are first level thinkers, what there own cards are.
Now the less tables you play, the more you start to get into a 3rd level thinking, were you get tricky thinking your opponent might be thinking what your cards are. This however is bad, as getting tricky against 1st level players is spew.