Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   ***uNL Microbrew Thread*** NOV 2007 (ot) (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=535766)

Chomp 11-15-2007 12:55 PM

Re: ***uNL Microbrew Thread*** NOV 2007 (ot)

[ QUOTE ]
has any1 ever claimed that you couldnīt be sucessful playing 400nl as a 20/10?

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually Monkover, I think lots of people have suggested this. I mean, the entire FGators business as elucidated by Clayton was about his inability to take risks and out-play/out aggro people post. 20/10/1.5 hardly suggests that aggro, 2+2/CR type game.

OP's low postflop aggression suggests very little bluffing, very little shoving for FE and is generally the epitome of risk-aversion, not risk-taking.

Also, 400NL is the level that the conventional wisdom suggests where "real" poker begins. I think it would come as as shock to many that there is a 20/10 game that can crush that level. And this guy is CRUSHING.

Dunno, I suppose it is all about postflop - and not just postflop aggression, which this dude doesn't have. He must play the FToP brilliantly.

Finally, the hate in that BBV thread is embarrassing. Seriously, one monkey says the OP's results are dues to good BR management and good table selection and not "good poker". LMFAO. What a moron (not least because BR management and table slecetion are 100% about good poker...what you do when sitting down is only a percentage of it).

Finally finally, I'd give my left bollock to be able to beat 400NL for any amount. RB alone @ 400NL as a breakeven player would probably be three times my current profits. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

derosnec 11-15-2007 01:07 PM

i don't know anyone can play 20/10. too big of a gap for me. 20/18, ok. but only 10 pfr is weird and means either i have to make hands and get paid off (so, hoping pfr makes a hand too) or have to bluff steal postflop against a pfr, which gets messy quickly and is not low variance. or i fold alot postflop when i don't make a hand, which adds up quickly.

i don't get it.

Mr_Pathetic 11-15-2007 01:11 PM

if i had the time and money i could easily learn to play a loose aggressive/passive game (say 30/25/1.5). its that time and money aspect of learning that i can't go through right now. also learning a unique style takes even more skill and time then learning tag poker. so for his style of 20/10/1.8 or whatever he is doing a lot of calling and if you can't read people well then this style won't work. besides the better you read your opponents the less it matters how you play as your plays depend on them and not the cards you hold.

Wilpro 11-15-2007 01:12 PM

If anyone can post a pic of their Pokerev graph, that looks more depressing than mine, i will transfer them by bankroll!

bozzer 11-15-2007 01:13 PM

wow ama just got on massive tilt in that cleaner thread. i'd actually take issue with your last point about ranges only being value ranges and bluff ranges vs a suspected light 3bettor.

ama, i understand why you locked the thread, but i would be interested in talking about your post. could you unlock it, or can i make a new thread to discuss?

derosnec 11-15-2007 01:30 PM

in that thread ama says his table selection is bad

he seems to miss that Fredd20 is at the table, who might be one of the worst regs i've played against

Gelford 11-15-2007 01:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]

i don't get it.

[/ QUOTE ]

What is there to get, he calls in position a lot vs loose aggresive 2+2ers and then lets them fire multiple barrels into him

They feed their egos and he gets the rent paid .. it is a win/win situation [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

derosnec 11-15-2007 01:33 PM

passive in position (pre and post) with marginal hands. bumpy ride imo

edit: i just looked at his graph again. 400k hands and a smooth graph. i still don't get it.

Gelford 11-15-2007 01:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
passive in position (pre and post) with marginal hands. bumpy ride imo

[/ QUOTE ]

Apparently not [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Phildo 11-15-2007 01:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
has any1 ever claimed that you couldnīt be sucessful playing 400nl as a 20/10?

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually Monkover, I think lots of people have suggested this. I mean, the entire FGators business as elucidated by Clayton was about his inability to take risks and out-play/out aggro people post. 20/10/1.5 hardly suggests that aggro, 2+2/CR type game.

OP's low postflop aggression suggests very little bluffing, very little shoving for FE and is generally the epitome of risk-aversion, not risk-taking.

Also, 400NL is the level that the conventional wisdom suggests where "real" poker begins. I think it would come as as shock to many that there is a 20/10 game that can crush that level. And this guy is CRUSHING.

Dunno, I suppose it is all about postflop - and not just postflop aggression, which this dude doesn't have. He must play the FToP brilliantly.

Finally, the hate in that BBV thread is embarrassing. Seriously, one monkey says the OP's results are dues to good BR management and good table selection and not "good poker". LMFAO. What a moron (not least because BR management and table slecetion are 100% about good poker...what you do when sitting down is only a percentage of it).

Finally finally, I'd give my left bollock to be able to beat 400NL for any amount. RB alone @ 400NL as a breakeven player would probably be three times my current profits. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
I think you're putting too much stock in some guy's ability to beat a super soft Swedish only site.