Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   ***uNL Microbrew Thread*** NOV 2007 (ot) (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=535766)

wingchunflush 11-09-2007 05:49 PM

Re: ***uNL Microbrew Thread*** NOV 2007 (ot)

I just went to aol and found a web version of the messenger the meebo is pretty cool though

wingchunflush 11-09-2007 05:51 PM

I want to get some coaching as well. I had talked with ssdex about some coaching but he is hard to get ahold of. My thing is with my $600 bank roll one coaching session from alot of those guys is like over 25% of my roll. I think alot of those guys dont give a crap about you. I would rather find someone who had a genuine interest in my development.

ama0330 11-09-2007 05:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ama, I was just reading the sticky out of boredom. U [censored] rickrolled me. Haven't you heard of the new rickroll? (princeroll ldo). Sticky should be updated.

[/ QUOTE ]

poned [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

thing85 11-09-2007 05:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Just hit my first straight flush in my poker career.
I hope i don't have to wait another 235k hands for the next one.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lifetime I am down money with straight flushes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't draw to the idiot end of straight flushes, imo, ldo.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I have 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] on a 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] board and villain shoves, I am never folding. There's no way you can give him exactly T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] when he could easily have other flushes and hands that I beat.

doppelganger 11-09-2007 06:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Just hit my first straight flush in my poker career.
I hope i don't have to wait another 235k hands for the next one.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lifetime I am down money with straight flushes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't draw to the idiot end of straight flushes, imo, ldo.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I have 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] on a 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] board and villain shoves, I am never folding. There's no way you can give him exactly T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] when he could easily have other flushes and hands that I beat.

[/ QUOTE ]

[x] Fix sarcasm meter [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

thing85 11-09-2007 06:04 PM

Sorry man, I'm out of it today. I'm 3.5k hands into a 6k-hand "challenge" for today, so my mind is a bit fried.

Mr_Pathetic 11-09-2007 06:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think alot of those guys dont give a crap about you. I would rather find someone who had a genuine interest in my development.

[/ QUOTE ]
this was my feeling as well when I was offered a coaching and staking deal. but you must remember they're in it for the money first and to see someone develop through passing on their knowledge second.

hennnerz 11-09-2007 06:11 PM

Thac - Good job. Makes me realise how bad BR management paired with multiple withdrawals results has slown my progress as a player, despite playing 350k hands lifetime for a decent rate.

wingchunflush 11-09-2007 06:11 PM

I think if someone is doing a coaching and staking deal then they are alot more invested in your success, but some of these guys are charging 150-200 an hour and I mean come on. I would like someone who is confident enough to coach me now keep in contact and once I get to an agreed upon br I pay them for them, kind of a put your money where your mouth is approach

doppelganger 11-09-2007 06:12 PM

No worries. How many tables are you playing? You could 8 table 6000 hands in about 7.5 hours. I've done it a few times but it's pretty mentally brutal.

Make sure you take a solid 15 minute break every 1000 - 1500 hands or so.

Also, I have found myself at the end of a few of these sessions just completely glassy-eyed and clicking buttons without even realizing what my cards were. It's a great way to lose a lot of money. Be careful and be honest with yourself when it feels like it's time to take an hour or two away from the screen. Your last 2000 hands will be much more profitable, I guarantee it.