Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Stars 1/2 - AK on QQ7 board (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=553396)

JSampras1 11-24-2007 08:09 AM

Stars 1/2 - AK on QQ7 board

Just wondering if my line on this hand was correct.

Flop better is 29%/15%/1.6 AF, limp/caller is 16%/4%/1.11 AF.
The guy who limp/called 2 on the flop plays very passively.

Anyway my read is it's very unlikely the flop bettor has the queen, because most people would check that. Even if he has the 7 or a PP i have 6 outs, plus BD flush and straight outs, so i think i have to raise right?

The cold call worries me, especially because the flush just hit, but fortunately i have the k[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. This is very easily a check behind right? Of course, because it's me, i miss the river as always [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I definately just check behind here and prepare to muck because 27 donk instacalls here right?

PokerStars 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (8 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 folds, SB calls, BB calls.

Turn: (7 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks.

River: (7 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks.

maverickai 11-24-2007 09:38 AM

Re: Stars 1/2 - AK on QQ7 board

I would play it like you do.You'll be spewing if you bet the turn. Just take the free card and hope you improve

rhayder 11-24-2007 12:03 PM

Grunch:

I don't think I would have raised the flop.. the rest looks fine.

neurotiq 11-24-2007 12:34 PM

I'd call the flop and fold the turn unimproved.

JSampras1 11-24-2007 02:56 PM

Maybe this is still a leak, but i thought from everything i read in SSHE etc that if i'm playing on this flop i need to raise.

If i call, the sb can get in for 1 more bet, and most donks at this lvl will call that with tons of crap (he actually called 2 cold with crap not to give away the hand) but theoretically it should at least get it heads up. It also will probably freeze out the BB from betting again, unless he has the Q, so i can check behind and then probably fold the river to a bet.

If i just call here, Isn't BB likely to bet again with any pair? Since my read is he doesn't have the queen, the raise will almost definately at least get me a free card, which it did.

So i'm wondering, is a raise really bad here?

Riku 11-24-2007 03:16 PM

I think you're result oriented. He might just donk again again on the turn cuz he's a donk. Just call it. And just call with the other hand as well that you posted.