Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Contract amongst friends (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=555097)

The Rev 11-26-2007 08:35 PM

Contract amongst friends

A friend and myself created a contact for his season Packer tickets. He could not afford them because he is financially strapped. He was in a position to lose them if he did not purchase them. So we wrote up a contract for me to purchase them over the next 2 years until he gets back on his feet. I also said if they get into the playoffs who gets them, and he said there your tickets for 2 years. Who'd a thunk they would get in??? Today I see he is selling them on e-bay. What's my play? He is very strapped for money, so do I blow it off?

Dan. 11-26-2007 08:39 PM

Re: Contract amongst friends

They're your tickets. You should talk to your friend about it.

kmak 11-26-2007 08:39 PM

Is it in the contract? If not, then what was the purpose of the contract? I say you are screwed.

stabn 11-26-2007 08:40 PM

Seems like he is a [censored] friend. So burn the bridge and push for what you purchased.

XXXNoahXXX 11-26-2007 08:41 PM

Why is he so strapped for money?

He doesn't get to cash in twice on one contract.

The Rev 11-26-2007 08:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He doesnt have a job.
He's been in a bad way for a couple years. Drugs and alcohol.
So I was being a friend and doing him a favor. It was good for me too throughout the year selling the tickets. So it was a win/win situation. But now I'm wondering how to handle the scenario...

The Rev 11-26-2007 08:51 PM

It was in the contract they were my tickets for 2 years 2007-2009. It says nothing about regular season and playoffs.

Alobar 11-26-2007 08:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He doesnt have a job.
He's been in a bad way for a couple years. Drugs and alcohol.
So I was being a friend and doing him a favor. It was good for me too throughout the year selling the tickets. So it was a win/win situation. But now I'm wondering how to handle the scenario...

[/ QUOTE ]

well hes basically stealing from you....how do you handle when one of your friends steals from you? Confront him, get whats yours. Then work on finding a new friend.

MrTrik 11-26-2007 08:54 PM

I'd let him sell them. And then I'd would not count him as a friend anymore. Friends don't do that to friends. At least not in my world.

pseudo t-bone 11-26-2007 08:57 PM

your friend is stealing from you if he sells your tickets. even if the playoffs aren't mentioned in the written contract, your oral agreement is enforceable and a part of the contract. the exception would be if the written contract said something inconsistent with the oral agreement.