Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   EDF (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=81)
-   -   Post here if you want to start threads in EDF (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=438202)

08-07-2007 11:07 AM

Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

garcia1000 08-09-2007 04:23 AM

Re: Post here if you want to start threads in EDF

Hi,

Can you add me to the thread starter list? I adapt well to different forums (i.e. I'm not as stupid as I seem on OOT/BBV4L), and sometimes I have interesting things to discuss.

miami32 08-10-2007 05:17 AM

I wish to start threads in ELDF. Random threads I'd start would stick with trip reports, and maybe I'd dip into a political discussion as well.

amplify 08-10-2007 08:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
(I'm not as stupid as I seem on OOT/BBV4L)

[/ QUOTE ]
None of us are.

skipperbob 08-10-2007 12:54 PM

I am a longtime member/poster on STTF...A friend (Suzzer) has suggested that I post 5 - 6 stories that I have written about Internet dating...They are based on "IRL" experience and have serious NSFW content...It was my intent to write something with a comical bent....Below is a brief example.

INTERNET INTERLOPER
Tales and advice from the world of cyber-singles

Rules to live by:

Now I don't personally know a modem from a moped but I do know this; If you want to chase pussy you better get computer literate and you'd better do it now! If you own a singles bar: sell it! Use the $$$$ too buy a server, an ISP, and a clue. Internet dating (match.com, Adultfriendfinder, YahooPersonals,singlesonline,etc) is where its at.

Got lotsa stories to tell at a later date; for now lets get the basics covered; Internet Rules are as follows:

1.) If all the people that “ liked long walks on the Beach ” were actually walking on the beach there wouldn't be as many of them that had to admit to having a few extra pounds.

2.) Being a pathological liar puts you way out in front. Never admit to a single dull, boring or normal personality trait, nobody cares.

3.) Fight the impulse to trade entire life stories via E-mail correspondence; what in God’s name are you going to
talk about when you're face to face?

4.) Humor is King.

5) Everybody wants to get laid. They call it everything else under the sun, but it all boils down to the Beast with two backs.

6) Writing,talking on the phone, and talking in person are three completely different talents. He or she will not look or talk the way they appeared in the written word, so be aware and practice all three phases like you’re bound for the Carnegie Hall of *ucking.

7) ABOVE ALL ELSE, BE CAREFUL! ESPECIALLY IF YOU ARE ALREADY IN A COMMITED RELATIONSHIP, OR ARE TRYING TO KEEP THREE OR FOUR BALLS IN THE AIR. MAKE SURE IT’S WHAT YOU REALLY WANT. AND DON'T HURT ANYBODY: THERE'S TOO MUCH SADDNESS OUT THERE ALREADY! and always remember "IT'S JUST SEX: LIGHTEN UP!"

amplify 08-10-2007 04:48 PM

skipperbob,

You may find that ratcheting your tone down 3 or 4 notches results in improved readability and better response. Right now you sound like you are trying to sell life insurance to retarded teenagers.

bdk3clash 08-10-2007 06:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
skipperbob,

You may find that ratcheting your tone down 3 or 4 notches results in improved readability and better response. Right now you sound like you are trying to sell life insurance to retarded teenagers.

[/ QUOTE ]
I DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT. I THOUGHT HE WAS HILARIOUS.

El Diablo 08-10-2007 06:46 PM

All,

I'll get to this thread and some PMs this weekend. Thanks for your patience!

timex 08-11-2007 10:31 AM

I don't really post here much, but schools finally done, and I'd like to have another forum to kill time in.

splashpot 08-14-2007 03:53 PM

I would like to make a post about Dim Sum. There was an old thread in OOT about dim sum but it sucked. It had potential but there were maybe 10 out of 300 replies that had anything to do with dim sum. Among the things that were debated in that thread:
-miso soup, spoon or no spoon?
-sushi, fork or chopsticks or fingers?
-what is white man's dim sum?
-what it means to "take" someone to dinner
-and about 200 additional posts of utter useless crap

My thread will include a personal trip report, pictures taken by me, explanations of what dishes are, recommendations, etc.