Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Blinds, damn blinds... (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=556521)

Riku 11-28-2007 03:38 PM

Blinds, damn blinds...

Villain is 41/13/1.6 AF after 100 hands.

Full Tilt 1/2 Hold'em (8 handed) Full Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (7.50 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (5.75 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (9.75 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero...

Aaron W. 11-28-2007 03:47 PM

Re: Blinds, damn blinds...

[ QUOTE ]
Villain is 41/13/1.6 AF after 100 hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

This doesn't look absurdly aggressive. You played your hand in a way that leads you to folding the river. If you wanted to showdown your hand, you can play for showdown by checking and calling the whole way.

You only beat A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] x that played for a turn semibluff and is now on the desperation river bet.

LukeSLTS 11-28-2007 03:50 PM

I like the way you played this hand. On the river I think you need to call. You are winning only rarely but I think you may run into a flush draw that semibluffed the turn or a one pair gutshot hand that missed often enough to make it profitable. You need to be good 10% of the time and I think you will be.

kerowo 11-28-2007 04:00 PM

I'm not folding 2nd pair in a blind steal situation when there is no broadway on the board.

Fadook 11-28-2007 04:00 PM

Eh, I don't think you can call the river. About the only thing you beat is an outright bluff, which isn't likely.

Riku 11-28-2007 04:03 PM

And what do you guys think about my line ? Would you play it differently ? how ? Aaron already mentioned the check call line as somehting to consider about.

Aaron W. 11-28-2007 04:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not folding 2nd pair in a blind steal situation when there is no broadway on the board.

[/ QUOTE ]

Give a few hand ranges at the two critical moments:

1) Villain's 3-bet preflop
2) Villain's turn raise after smooth calling the flop

Try giving 3 hand ranges:

* Villain is defending "lightly"
* Villain is an "average" defender
* Villain is a "tight" 3-bettor

kerowo 11-28-2007 04:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Give a few hand ranges at the two critical moments:

1) Villain's 3-bet preflop
2) Villain's turn raise after smooth calling the flop

Try giving 3 hand ranges:

* Villain is defending "lightly"
* Villain is an "average" defender
* Villain is a "tight" 3-bettor

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a blind steal situation against basically an unknown. If we had a read on what he had defended with and how he had defended my answer would be different, but there have been too many times when I see naked aces played like this for me to fold.

Point Blank 11-28-2007 04:53 PM

41/13/1.3 is aggressive enough for to call down in this spot (even after 100 hands)

against this guy (assume aggro) I likely c.c the turn (with that card) ... and maybe donk the river (or c.c or c.f card depending)

this spot is hard and comes up all the time ... I think you should mix up your play

shuinthehouse 11-28-2007 04:56 PM

Am I the only one who does not like PF? I will raise K7o 1st in SB against a typical 1-2 villain, and worse against a tight villain, but against a villain who is 40% overall, there is virtually no chance he is folding, so I'm almost definitely playing a crappy hand OOP.