Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   wtf comcast just got rid of espn classic (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=521730)

jessicaalbiel 10-12-2007 07:28 PM

wtf comcast just got rid of espn classic

wtf I was just looking at whats on tv and espn classic is no longer listed. Combined with them taking nfl network off digital cable like 6 months ago and keeping prices the same i'm getting pretty [censored] pissed with comcast.

Jack of Arcades 10-12-2007 07:29 PM

Re: wtf comcast just got rid of espn classic

Are you really upset over missing reruns of the 2006 WSOP?

tarheeljks 10-12-2007 07:36 PM

haven't had it for a few months now; bravo instead

prohornblower 10-12-2007 07:38 PM

I can't check right now because my ISTJ gf is watching The Prophecy, but this better not be true.

Just last night I watched the Foreman/Holyfield fight from 1991. I also watch American Glad He Ate Her's and mostly other old boxing matches on there regularly.

Comcast is awful though. You should hear the horror stories my buddy has about them setting up in his apartment (in which the apartment has a contract solely with Comcast).

Do we even get Game Show Network? Time Warner took that away like over a year ago and I haven't checked recently to see if it's back on.

pwnsall 10-12-2007 08:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Comcast is awful

[/ QUOTE ]
Sums up everything.

Riverman 10-12-2007 08:19 PM

I truly hate this company.

MicroBob 10-12-2007 08:25 PM

I don't get Classic in my latest apartment even though I get ESPNNews and ESPNU now.
Kind of weird because I think it used to be that Classic was usually the standard and News and U were typically the extras.

Now I get News and U as a couple of extras with the digital package. But i don't Classic at all.
I don't think it's as good as it once was anyway.
They bombard you with the Who's #1 crap shows as well as all those poker reruns. Yuck.

However, they do typically have live coverage of a 2nd tier college football game each Saturday. Often-times it's the Army game.
this Sat they appear to have no game though and next Saturday it's Grambling St vs. Jackson St.

Instead, all day tomorrow they are showing a marathon of bowling tournaments from the 89 Trustcorp PBA championship to the 2001 PBA Louisville Open to the 82 Hartford Open which undoubtedly featured the awesome Chris Schenkel.

ajml 10-12-2007 08:37 PM

WHAT IN THE [censored] CHANNEL CAN I WATCH AMERICAN GLADIATORS ON NOW??

chim17 10-12-2007 08:43 PM

My comcast still has it.

jessicaalbiel 10-12-2007 08:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I can't check right now because my ISTJ gf is watching The Prophecy, but this better not be true.

Just last night I watched the Foreman/Holyfield fight from 1991. I also watch American Glad He Ate Her's and mostly other old boxing matches on there regularly.

Comcast is awful though. You should hear the horror stories my buddy has about them setting up in his apartment (in which the apartment has a contract solely with Comcast).

Do we even get Game Show Network? Time Warner took that away like over a year ago and I haven't checked recently to see if it's back on.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah we still get gsn at least. I [censored] hate comcast, the internets constantly dying, the cable box breaks every 3 months, and they're constantly taking away channels and replacing them with crap like oxygen and the country music network while they're jacking up prices every 2 months. And I have no alternatives besides getting directv and i'm not getting a dish. [censored].
/rant