Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   Strange hand 3/6nl (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=547217)

Gildwulf 11-15-2007 10:02 PM

Strange hand 3/6nl

5-handed, opponent (UTG+1)seems decent, at least semi-competent tag. Effective stacks $800.

First-to-act opponent raises to 21, I repot from CO to $66 with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], he raises to $160 and I call.

Flop ($329) comes 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Check. Check.

Turn ($329) comes 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] he checks again...I bet $287 and he shoves for another $360.

?

donkeykong2 11-15-2007 10:06 PM

Re: Strange hand 3/6nl

check turn. as played fold, you got trapped.

also, i think you bet a little too much on the turn

jkkkk 11-15-2007 10:06 PM

fold pf?

nuggetz87 11-15-2007 10:06 PM

what were you hoping to accomplish by betting the turn? making sure an ace didn't come on the river or something?

really don't like betting the turn.

JKratzer 11-15-2007 10:08 PM

really dont like pre. i'd either call the first time around or have a plan vs a 4-bet (shove or fold depending on villian, not call).

flop is ok, turn is weird and i probably fold though a call isnt terrible (?).

JKratzer 11-15-2007 10:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
what were you hoping to accomplish by betting the turn? making sure an ace didn't come on the river or something?

[/ QUOTE ]

overcards have 6 outs in a sizable pot. the c/r is kind of weird and wouldn't expect it in this exact spot very often. you might be a little results oriented here.

jsnipes28 11-15-2007 10:11 PM

id bet less on turn for one or check it back and prob fold pre.

as played i think i just give him my stack if hes this trixy

donkeykong2 11-15-2007 10:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

overcards have 6 outs in a sizable pot. the c/r is kind of weird and wouldn't expect it in this exact spot very often. you might be a little results oriented here.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah but he could bet a little smaller to charge the overcards.

nuggetz87 11-15-2007 10:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i guess...so betting is worth it just to fold out overcards? i don't think he will call with worse.

JKratzer 11-15-2007 10:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah but he could bet a little smaller to charge the overcards.

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree