Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   A6s, goofy mid pair hand (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=498372)

2handed 09-11-2007 03:32 AM

A6s, goofy mid pair hand

30/60 6max on FTP. Villain seems solid, he is multitabling and and winning, his name was 'nipplerocketaxi.' My image is pretty laggy in this session and I have been showing down lightly.

I open-raise in CO with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Folds to Villain who calls in BB

Flop 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
He leads, I raise, he calls.

Turn: 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
He checks, I check behind

River K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
He bets, I call

skedar 09-11-2007 07:55 AM

Re: A6s, goofy mid pair hand

just bet turn.

Tryptamean 09-11-2007 09:43 AM

I would just bet/fold the turn, but I guess you feel he semi-bluffs enough to make this unattractive.... I also think there is merit in just calling down from the flop.

skedar 09-11-2007 10:27 AM

since he said he calls down lightly and is playing against a solid player he wont be semibluffed here too often, especially on a board like this where so many draws are possible and where a made hand wont fold ever.

further, hero could easily have had semibluffed on the flop and now hit a straight with hands like 67 etc.

2handed 09-11-2007 03:04 PM

so river is a fold once I check the turn?

JDalla 09-11-2007 03:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
so river is a fold once I check the turn?

[/ QUOTE ][/list]
I think it is very close. I would usually try to get a "feel" here, sometimes calling and sometimes folding. He could show up with K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]X [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], or be value betting his flopped TP, or have the straight, etc. Basically unless he has a 5 of a missed flush draw that didn't pair the turn or river, he wins here.

veganmav 09-11-2007 04:12 PM

call the river probably, but just bet the freakin turn
You should have known he's gonna bet the river 99% of time, and then what do you do?

2handed 09-12-2007 01:03 AM

I was confused by his flop lead here and really didnt have any idea where to put him. Bet/folding the turn feels like the right play the more I think about it. Once I checked I planned to call any river but my image doesnt favor that play since he is valubetting practically every hand that has me beat other than perhaps a weak eight.

stickyman 09-14-2007 11:24 PM

Curious - what does villain show down here?
I'd put him on the str8 90% of the time looking for a c/r turn?
Do you fold the turn to a c/r if you bet the turn?

2handed 09-15-2007 03:28 AM

he showed 10 7 offsuit. If I bet the turn and get c-raised I probably fold.