Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   $1/$2 Trips on scary Board (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=381869)

ClownfishNemo 04-18-2007 10:23 AM

$1/$2 Trips on scary Board

Hi!
How would you play that hand?Unfortunatly I got no reads on my Opponnent

PokerStars 1/2 Hold'em (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is Button with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (3.25 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (5.25 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls.

Final Pot: 9.25 BB

Preflop and Flop is Standard I think.On the Turn another scare Card drops.I thought that he may has a complete Bluff and could easily fold against a Raise.So I decided to wait until the river with my raise.Of course only if not another Diamond comes up.
Would somebody raise the Turn here?
Just calling down would be to weak right?

Thx for your help

Ineedaride2 04-18-2007 10:40 AM

Re: $1/$2 Trips on scary Board

I like the way you played it just fine.

Edited to add: Although many will say you probably should raise the turn, being that you have no diamond and he very well might.

ChexNFX 04-18-2007 10:50 AM

Yeah, NemoRailBird.

ClownfishNemo 04-18-2007 10:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, NemoRailBird.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know that player from stars but I promise that this is not me^^
Or did I get this wrong?

thepizzlefosho 04-18-2007 11:46 AM

why is the turn a scare card? (edit you mean a scare card for him) I raise the turn and call down a three bet. noone folds second pair or a diamond when you raise, and you make the draw pay and get paid off when the villain has the T.

badmeaningbad 04-18-2007 11:55 AM

I like raising the turn to get money from single diamond draws that won't pay off a river raise/river bet all together in some instances, I think the odds of him having a hand that pays us off here, is much more likely than having a hand that folds to a turn raise. If he takes us to 3 town it's an easy call down from there.

jt1 04-18-2007 02:18 PM

I think either way villain is paying you off. Once in a while, a draw won't bet the river but more often (though just as rare due to the less liklihood he has a pp) a small pp won't call the turn raise.

Apanage 04-18-2007 02:27 PM

I like this line.You are "never" behind when he donks.
He probably bets river anyway with a diamond draw hoping that you were on a draw also.
But raising turn is equally good also.

danzasmack 04-18-2007 02:34 PM

Turn raise &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; river raise.

There are a lot more hands he calls the turn with and he can make a bad river bluff a lot too.

I HATE a river 3-bet from him while i get a little pissed at a turn 3-bet.

Apanage 04-18-2007 02:44 PM

He is IMO never ahead when he donks turn so if he is going to 3-bet the river it is going to be with a hand he has made on the river and then we are going to be 3-bet on the river anyway if we value bet.
But it is true that he probably calls middle pair on turn and folds it to a river raise depending on which card falls.