Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   BBV4Life (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   The Hills prop bet (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=557419)

NozeCandy 11-29-2007 06:21 PM

The Hills prop bet

So a girl I know says she would give me $100 in the form of a bar tab if I sit down and watch every episode of the Hills from this season back to back on mtv.com. I hate this show more than anything. She knows this, and I bet I can get more money out of her for doing this. $100 is way too low to watch this [censored] forever.

So what's the minimum for doing this?

Conspire 11-29-2007 06:23 PM

Re: The Hills prop bet

$700, a quarter of blow, a half ounce of weed, case of beer, 4 rib eye steaks, and 3 ice cream sandwiches.

<font color="green">C</font><font color="red">o</font><font color="green">n</font><font color="red">s</font><font color="green">p</font><font color="red">i</font><font color="green">r</font><font color="red">e</font>

Double Ice 11-29-2007 06:24 PM

Hint, its not about watching the hills. (She wants to get you drunk.)

bmwguy525 11-29-2007 06:25 PM

How much are drinks down there?

Beer ~$3.5
<u>Cocktail ~$6</u>

Average drink cost ~ $4.75

Average drink consumption per episode ~ 2

Number of episodes ~ ?

ADCE x NE x ADC = Total $$$ in bartab

FlyWf 11-29-2007 06:27 PM

40 episodesx30 minutesx$5.85/hr I'd say, depending on what state you are in.

wiffleballer 11-29-2007 06:29 PM

Here's what I would do: Watch the show, like it, ask for more episodes then when she says there aren't any more you ask if she wouldn't like to make out instead. Now I actually tried this with a girl who wanted me to watch Friends with her, but she responded to my offer with her own counter offer, that I get a life!

*sigh*

vikefan24 11-29-2007 06:29 PM

They didn't make 40 eps in one season

FlyWf 11-29-2007 06:32 PM

Misread that, also I closed the wikipedia tab so I don't know how many episodes are in this season. I think $100 is reasonable given the sex that will occur, though clearly $100 in bartab money has quite a bit of variability in value.

NozeCandy 11-29-2007 06:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How much are drinks down there?

Beer ~$3.5
<u>Cocktail ~$6</u>

Average drink cost ~ $4.75

Average drink consumption per episode ~ 2

Number of episodes ~ ?

ADCE x NE x ADC = Total $$$ in bartab

[/ QUOTE ]
Depends greatly on the bar, students here frequent place with average beers anywhere from $2-$6 and mixed drinks from $1(real shady dive bar, although still a sweet place) to ridiculously high amounts.

If I take this bet, I'll probably cash in my tab over multiple happy hours. $4 triple shot mixed drinks + open tab = possible death or raucous sexy time. I can probably get up to $150 if I agree to try and cry at some point during a show. Maybe $200.

UATrewqaz 11-29-2007 07:37 PM

Watching this "reality" show will either cause you to kill yourself or lower your IQ by 50 points.

Does your gal pal know the show is like 80% staged? Feel free to read the Wikipedia article on all the continuity problems people find in the episodes.

A great example, the girls go to the gym and meet this hot trainer guy (trainer has a buzz cut), so they invite him to dinner that night.

That night at dinner the trainer shows up and his hair is like 3 inches longer. At that dinner he invites one of the girls on a private date later that week.

And of course at the private date later his buzzcut has reappeared and they make no references to the gym or to the dinner.

Also magically changing nail polish colors from scene to scene.

AKA, it's mostly scripted.