Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Dry board OoP (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=465680)

jr4284 07-31-2007 03:42 PM

Dry board OoP

I was actually running blind at during this hand, 'cause PA Hud was having some issues. Villain has been limping a lot, playing the "bet-when-checked-to" role. When I looked up his stats, he was 63/12/.81.

I don't run this play on every dry board, but it is one of my standard weapons.

PokerStars 2/4 Hold'em (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (3 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls.

Turn: (3.50 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>

Should I be running it against this opponent? What about a 35/10/1?

I'm certainly firing the turn pretty much 100% of the time, but should I fire the river on any non-6/diamond?

Or even better, is this whole play just spew?

thepizzlefosho 07-31-2007 03:46 PM

Re: Dry board OoP

EDIT: didn't see the CO limp. check-fold the flop.

Apanage 07-31-2007 03:48 PM

IMO this is a too expensive bluff in a too small pot. I would save this play to someone that can use his fold button on flop.

yellowjack 08-02-2007 06:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
IMO this is a too expensive bluff in a too small pot. I would save this play to someone that can use his fold button on flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed. also, if the pot did happen to be bigger, i much prefer having some sort of backdoor draw.

Gurravasa 08-02-2007 06:38 AM

Don't bluffraise against passive players in small pots. He has some kind of a hand, otherwise he probably would have checked, and he's not gonna fold. As played minimize the mistake and check/fold turn.

sharpie 08-02-2007 07:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Don't bluffraise against passive players in small pots. He has some kind of a hand, otherwise he probably would have checked, and he's not gonna fold. As played minimize the mistake and check/fold turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

He isn't passive. Why would he check if he doesn't have anything when he's a fish autobettor against 2 random hands? I would be more suprised if he checked with nothing. How can he calldown with undercards? As played you have to follow up on the turn since these guys feel obliged to peel the flop.

Having said that I just fold the flop.

Gurravasa 08-02-2007 08:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He isn't passive. Why would he check if he doesn't have anything when he's a fish autobettor against 2 random hands? I would be more suprised if he checked with nothing. How can he calldown with undercards? As played you have to follow up on the turn since these guys feel obliged to peel the flop.

Having said that I just fold the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't follow Sharpie. His stats looks like a loose-passive player, and he bets the flop when checked to. Why don't you think he's passive? At my game loose-passive players usually don't bet flop with air in this situation, they're afraid of getting c/r:ed and they want to see the turn for free. Maybe we just have different loose-passive fish at our games?

sharpie 08-02-2007 08:19 AM

A .81 AF coupled with a 63% VP$IP isn't too passive. Also even otherwise passive players will often bet when checked to in his position, and it happens to be a profitable play. OP also gave the read he is a bet when checked to type.

mvoss 08-02-2007 08:22 AM

If you want to stab at small pots on dry boards the best way is usually to bet, raising is too expensive.

Gurravasa 08-02-2007 08:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
OP also gave the read he is a bet when checked to type.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ohh, I missed that. I still think it's a fold thou...