Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Dexter (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=485413)

AceLuby 08-24-2007 01:22 PM

Dexter

OK, so I got showtime to watch the new season of Weeds and remember seeing commercials for an interesting show called Dexter last year. Well it turns out that they have the entire first season on On Demand. I just finished watching the first season and it was one of the best shows I've ever seen on TV. The acting is supurb, the writing is incredible, and as a person who likes to guess the endings and who does what I can say that I was completely suprised by every twist and turn.

For those that don't know it's about a guy who analyzes blood for the Miami police dept to help catch killers and more importantly, serial killers. The twist of the show is that Dexter is also a serial killer himself, but more of a renegade police serial killer, only killing those that 'deserve' it.

If you have a chance check it out. 2nd season starts next month and I am pumped.

Anyone else like this show as much as me?

evil twin 08-24-2007 01:36 PM

Re: Dexter

Yes, this is a great show. Michael C Hall really shines. The first two episodes of series two have been floating around out there and they are just as good. Any worries about the second series not living up to the awesomeness of the first series were entirely put to bed.

AceLuby 08-24-2007 01:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yes, this is a great show. Michael C Hall really shines. The first two episodes of series two have been floating around out there and they are just as good. Any worries about the second series not living up to the awesomeness of the first series were entirely put to bed.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was never worried about it TBH. The characters are WAY too good to not have an interesting plot. Plus if they have the same writers it should be fantastic, but I'm glad they look good. I'm waiting for the show to come out before watching it though. I hate watching internet downloaded shows instead of waiting and watching it for the 1st time in HD.

drexah 08-24-2007 02:16 PM

One of my favorite shows on TV, which didn't surprise me since I was a diehard Six Feet Under fan. Is the second season underway yet? I know there were a few episodes leaked but Showtime is the only movie channel I don't get atm.

AceLuby 08-24-2007 02:17 PM

2nd season starts in Sept. Not sure about the date, too lazy to google.

Hopey 08-24-2007 02:19 PM

How many episodes in Season 1? I watched episode 10 this week.

Zeestein 08-24-2007 02:25 PM

BigPoppa 08-24-2007 02:28 PM

If this was on HBO, it would've gotten SO much attention.

Great first season, interesting people, interesting storyline.
That show had me at hello.

ROADHEAD 08-24-2007 02:29 PM

This is my favorite show and yes I too am worried that season two might not be as awesome as the first season

jackdaniels 08-24-2007 02:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is my favorite show and yes I too am worried that season two might not be as awesome as the first season

[/ QUOTE ]

The first two episodes of season 2 were great. They are available in EXCELLENT quality (may not be HD, but it was close).