Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   New Bank Account in Canada for US resident (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=315339)

joeker 01-26-2007 04:14 PM

Re: New Bank Account in Canada for US resident

[ QUOTE ]
I also called, twice, to two different CIBC toll-free numbers (1-800-465-2422 and 1-866-525-8622) and was told by both representatives that I would have to provide a Canadian address. I stated that I lived in and was a citizen of the US. I was told I could not open a checking account.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just called them too and they said I do not have to be a Canadian resident or have a canadian address and that I could even start the process on the phone and go to the branch to sign the forms.

ollie5050 01-26-2007 05:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Where do you live? i currently am in MI and can get to Canada very easy, am wondering if their banks still offer numbered accounts

[/ QUOTE ]

I live in Arizona so it is quite a trip for me. A law firm in Canada said they could guarantee citizenship for $1,800. Be nice to avoid that. Just don't know if the banks are strict about checking for Insurance Ids, which I guess is like a US SS #

What do you mean by numbered accounts? Does Canada link the bank account to a Candian ID #?

[/ QUOTE ]

A numbnered account is just that, its a number. No names no nothing. There is a passcode to get funds. However ti cannot be used as a checking account. I know gome Grand cayman banks have this option, but you have to speak to the bank reps in person [for why i do not know] for all i know this could be a thing of the past or not existed at all, im going based mostly on what i have heard from a few close friends, one whom is a banker.

schwa 01-26-2007 08:33 PM

You might wan't to check this bank out griffonbank
Not a Canadian bank, but you can open it online

jjshabado 01-26-2007 08:40 PM

The Royal Bank is retarded. I strongly recommend another bank.

Mr. Orange 01-27-2007 03:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You might wan't to check this bank out griffonbank
Not a Canadian bank, but you can open it online

[/ QUOTE ]

Anyone tried this?

Esperante 01-27-2007 06:22 PM

TD Canada Trust is the bank to go to.

They have branches on every third corner, Their online software is quite good called EasyWeb, and its relatively easy to get an account.

They don't have any beef with any gambling online anything. They like that you have money essentially.

joeker 01-27-2007 06:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
TD Canada Trust is the bank to go to.

They have branches on every third corner, Their online software is quite good called EasyWeb, and its relatively easy to get an account.

They don't have any beef with any gambling online anything. They like that you have money essentially.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm gonna check them out too, thanks

mayday4379 01-27-2007 10:51 PM

Do you guys want a canadian account for neteller purposes or just to directly deposit into a poker account?

I don't think neteller checks to see if an account is canadian, american or european, they look to see where you residence is.

joeker 01-27-2007 11:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you guys want a canadian account for neteller purposes or just to directly deposit into a poker account?

I don't think neteller checks to see if an account is canadian, american or european, they look to see where you residence is.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya...I'm hoping I dont need the frickin neteller account lol

But I have a canadian address and phone number ready to go

TPCHole5 01-28-2007 03:56 AM

Appears you have to be a canada resident to open an account at TD Canada Trust