Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Books and Publications (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   The Full Tilt Poker Strategy Guide: Tournament Edition (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=457476)

leatangclan 07-22-2007 09:48 AM

The Full Tilt Poker Strategy Guide: Tournament Edition

I couldn't find the threads for reviews of this book, so I was wondering if anyone has read this and what they think about this book. I was thinking about buying this book along with Professional No-Limit. Thanks in adavance!

Riverbend 07-22-2007 11:24 AM

Re: The Full Tilt Poker Strategy Guide: Tournament Edition

I get 99% of my book reviews directly from Amazon. These threads are hit or miss, usually miss. Just checked and Amazon has 28 reader reviews posted at this time.

leatangclan 07-22-2007 11:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I get 99% of my book reviews directly from Amazon. These threads are hit or miss, usually miss. Just checked and Amazon has 28 reader reviews posted at this time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks! I have read most of the reviews on Amazon. I was wondering if any of the 2+2 ers have reads it. Somehow I think I did a no no here.

Gelford 07-22-2007 11:46 AM

There was a big thread a while ago, seems it got mixed reviews, but all in all much a much better book than expected [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

shyturtle27 07-22-2007 12:06 PM

It's suprisingly good. It's basically a collection of essays from some great players that haven't written books themselves (i don't think). It's pretty handy as a reference book and not so much a cover to cover read. A bit expensive though.

OvrTheTop111 07-22-2007 02:24 PM

I think its definetly worth a read. I especially liked Gavin Smith's and Ted Forrest's chapters.

uDevil 07-22-2007 02:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I couldn't find the threads for reviews of this book, so I was wondering if anyone has read this and what they think about this book. I was thinking about buying this book along with Professional No-Limit. Thanks in adavance!

[/ QUOTE ]

Thread 1

Thread 2

I've only read the first chapter, the one by Chris Ferguson. I don't often play MTTs, but I played in a PS freeroll after reading it and felt noticeably more comfortable making decisions than I normally would. I also won $24, more than enough to pay for the book. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Of course that result doesn't mean much, but I have high hopes for the rest of the book.

JohnG 07-22-2007 09:22 PM

It's a good book. Worth it for the Ferguson chapters alone.

beaver 07-23-2007 03:49 AM

I'm reading this one right now. Nothing earth shattering so far but there is promise.

Is the Matusow chapter of any value?

deacsoft 07-23-2007 04:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Thread 1

Thread 2

[/ QUOTE ]

Please use the linked threads for further discussion.