Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Laughs or Links! (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=78)
-   -   tough world map game (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=548494)

Dominic 11-17-2007 06:48 PM

tough world map game

map game

I reached level 10 (there are 12 levels) - can anyone do any better?

Senor Cardgage 11-17-2007 07:19 PM

Re: tough world map game

I lost at level 8 (World Capitals- Hard), when they started giving me countries like Comoros (wtf?) and I started clicking on completely the wrong side of continents.

ItalianFX 11-17-2007 07:34 PM

Lost on level 8. I'm terrible at the African capitals and the capitals that are in the middle of the ocean.
Pretty fun though.

XXXNoahXXX 11-17-2007 07:51 PM

Lost on Lvl 10 although I blame two misclicks due to lag, as I almost made 11. I guess those evened out my random guesses though on the island nations.

KPL 11-17-2007 07:55 PM

Reached level 9 on my first try. Fun game, but I suck at all the different countries/cities in the pacific.

I've been fooling around with this game/tutorials

Yeah, i know it's for kids, but I noticed that my knowledge of African countries was close to zero. Kind of embarrassing to meet people and you haven't even heard of the country they're from...

heater 11-17-2007 08:28 PM

Nice find, Dominic. This is the kind of game that I will obsess over until I memorize every location to within 200km or so. I'm not sure yet if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

JayDoubleYou 11-17-2007 09:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Reached level 9 on my first try. Fun game, but I suck at all the different countries/cities in the pacific.

I've been fooling around with this game/tutorials

Yeah, i know it's for kids, but I noticed that my knowledge of African countries was close to zero. Kind of embarrassing to meet people and you haven't even heard of the country they're from...

[/ QUOTE ]

Got to level 11 on first try.

This shepherd software link has been on here before and it greatly improved my world geography it gets pretty addicting. I just get weird looks during jeopardy when i know thimpu is the capital of Bhutan.

jstnrgrs 11-17-2007 10:54 PM

I got to level 11. Most of the time, I didn't know the specific city, and I just clicked somewhere in the country. Twice, I got burned when I transposed Austria and Austrilia trying to click fast. Also, I once interpreted DRC as democtic republic of Korea.

XXXNoahXXX 11-17-2007 11:11 PM

I lost on level ten because of clicking too fast on...

Angora/Angola

Mauritius/Mauritania

Solomon Islands

marchron 11-18-2007 12:42 AM

[censored] Level 11 got me. How was I supposed to know that Christmas Island, Australia is off the coast of Indonesia, or Björgelflørgen or whatever the hell it is, Norway is basically in Greenland?