Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   omg a pair! (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=553722)

NinaWilliams 11-24-2007 07:57 PM

omg a pair!

Villain is 28/19/2. A bit of a tagfish, his postflop play is somewhat suspect. EDIT: Villain has bluff raised and bluff c/red me on the river in the past.

Absolute Poker
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $5/$10
4 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (4 players) Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">SB raises</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero 3-bets</font>, SB calls.

Flop: 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (6SB, 2 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, SB calls.

Turn: Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (4BB, 2 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, SB calls.

River: 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (6BB, 2 players)
SB checks, Hero

milesdyson 11-24-2007 08:01 PM

Re: omg a pair!

the only thing that sucks is 7x is probably in his range.....................
but in the end i believe it is Discounted enough based on the lack of flop c/r that you need to take his Ace for a ride on the valuetrain.

johnnyrocket 11-24-2007 08:16 PM

this a real thin value bet, its close for me between b/f and checking.

NinaWilliams 11-24-2007 08:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
this a real thin value bet, its close for me between b/f and checking.

[/ QUOTE ]

See my edit. Does that make it a check for you since I dont feel good about folding to a raise?

Eraserhead 11-24-2007 09:25 PM

Some players donk/checkraises middlepair on flop, do you have any read on this player concerning this? I see the river decision as a really close one, if I'm winning - b/c, losing - check... Jokes aside, if he always call down with ace high here I bet/call (with your read).

thrasher789 11-24-2007 10:10 PM

I always feel better checking behind here, just becuae you arn't value betting a HUGE range and he'll be calling you down with 66+ here as often as an ace. Then again I may be way off in my thinking here. To be honest I feel like it's more likely he has a big king or big ace but I tend to get scared here and might lose alot of value by always checking behind in this spot. I just rarely get worse hands to call and better hands to fold here.

MacGuyV 11-24-2007 10:18 PM

The title says it all - bet!

frenchpignouf 11-24-2007 10:26 PM

If you don't bet this river, it's better to check the turn imo. You can b/c, because you have a read.

Nick C 11-25-2007 04:46 AM

I'll admit that I'd find it hard to bet here, because this is one of those spots where from the sounds of it this Villain might bluff-checkraise with pocket 6's and get paid off, which I would find very irritating.

But if Villain is the kind of player who always, always has to try to represent trips when the board pairs, then I guess there might even be some overall extra value in inducing a bluff-checkraise. (I don't know about limit anymore, but in uNL there are players who auto-donkbet anytime the board pairs, and a checkraise seems sort of like the limit equivalent of that.)

inferno 11-25-2007 07:19 AM

I mostly check these rivers behind especially with your read on villian