Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   Reasonable river laydown? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=421848)

Scary_Tiger 06-07-2007 12:13 AM

Reasonable river laydown?

Absolute 25/50

LAGTAG opens in CO, LP coldcalls, 30.4/14.7/1.12 over 484 coolcalls in SB, I call ATo in BB.

Flop AT9 spades. SB checks, I bet, CO raises, LP folds, SB 3-bets! I call, CO folds!

Turn K offsuit. I call.

River K offsuit. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] Fold?

PartyGirlUK 06-07-2007 12:47 AM

Re: Reasonable river laydown?

Good god no.

Victor 06-07-2007 01:02 AM

you chop with at or a9 often enough i think.

MacGuyV 06-07-2007 01:07 AM

You're probably beat but you've underepresented (is this a word?) your hand with the flop donk/calldown, don't ya think? I mean if I didn't have stats on you I'd think you're just a donk w/ QJ/A3 or something.

Scary_Tiger 06-07-2007 01:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You're probably beat but you've underepresented (is this a word?) your hand with the flop donk/calldown, don't ya think? I mean if I didn't have stats on you I'd think you're just a donk w/ QJ/A3 or something.

[/ QUOTE ]

??? QJ is a straight and A3 is what I have.

MacGuyV 06-07-2007 01:15 AM

Yeah dumb examples obv; but still.

ILOVEPOKER929 06-07-2007 01:27 AM

You cant fold here. The flush draw missed and youll chop the pot often enough IMO. I would also like to point out that whether the Ace on the flop was the Ace of spades is important. If the flop was Ad Ts 9s, then the villain can have a hand like As2s and play just as aggressively. Also dont forget that you beat T9. Some people may bet the river with this hand cuz they dont know what else to do, kinda like a tilt bet.

Also, you missed a very profitable turn raise Scary.

Scary_Tiger 06-07-2007 01:35 AM

Ummm... three spades guys.

ILOVEPOKER929 06-07-2007 01:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Ummm... three spades guys.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ha! Oops. I kinda missed that. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] So yeah, I would never raise the turn in that spot without a special read and god the river sux now. The worst part is, if this guy was messing around with the nut flush draw on the flop with a hand like KsQx or KsJx, he now has trips, and of course you also lose to QsJx. I think I would still call the river though, but its really close. If you folded there, I couldnt even knock it.

gaming_mouse 06-07-2007 02:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
you chop with at or a9 often enough i think.

[/ QUOTE ]

exactly