Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   News, Views, and Gossip (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Poker and Drug Testing (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=313207)

ilikepoker44 01-23-2007 04:13 PM

Poker and Drug Testing

I believe that drug testing should be instituted to not only clean up the game but to level the playing field. If i'm playing in a large field 3+day tournament, is it fair that I should be playing against players who are using speed and coke to stay alert? It's like using steroids in Football and those players should be banned.

What do people think?

Colt McCoy 01-23-2007 04:18 PM

Re: Poker and Drug Testing

Please post more.

fsuplayer 01-23-2007 04:21 PM

yeah, id like to hear more of OP's thoughts before this thread really gets going.

RobBizzle 01-23-2007 04:21 PM

ROFL

ApeAttack 01-23-2007 04:23 PM

(I am assuming you mean cocaine and not coca-cola.)

With regards to your first point ('cleaning up' the game), why do you care if the player next to you is using drugs? It is none of your business.

I disagree with your second point. Using any drug would probably diminish your ability to make good poker decisions. Also, I find it hard to believe that someone who just used cocaine would want to sit at a poker table for hours.

Should caffeine be illegal since makes a person more alert?

samsdmf 01-23-2007 04:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I believe that drug testing should be instituted to not only clean up the game but to level the playing field. If i'm playing in a large field 3+day tournament, is it fair that I should be playing against players who are using speed and coke to stay alert? It's like using steroids in Football and those players should be banned.

What do people think?

[/ QUOTE ]
I see sublminininalals in your post

ApeAttack 01-23-2007 04:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

What do people think?

[/ QUOTE ]
I see sublminininalals in your post

[/ QUOTE ]

Ba-zinggggggggggggg [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Blizzardbaum 01-23-2007 04:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, but there is a huge difference between caffeine and aderal or ritalin.

I'm surprised this isn't discussed more in the context of tournament poker. It would definitely help maintaining alertness, concentration and focus over a long tournament day, and all other things benig equal a player using it has an advantage over a player not using it in a long session.

ilikepoker44 01-23-2007 04:33 PM

Why did this get banned?

ApeAttack 01-23-2007 04:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, but there is a huge difference between caffeine and aderal or ritalin.

I'm surprised this isn't discussed more in the context of tournament poker. It would definitely help maintaining alertness, concentration and focus over a long tournament day, and all other things benig equal a player using it has an advantage over a player not using it in a long session.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is a reasonable issue to discuss. But I'm pretty sure that the OP was referring to illegal drugs, which is a bit silly.

I believe that Paul Phillips has said that when he started taking a certain medication (I forget the name of it, perhaps ritalin), he was able to focus more during tournaments.