Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Stud (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   whining about FTOPS Razz - (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=519386)

Praxising 10-09-2007 07:22 PM

whining about FTOPS Razz -

1st - congratulations SG for sat'ing into the trny -

For anyone who doesn't know, the FTOPS Razz event is Nov 8th at 9pm with a $300 buy-in. (plus $22 for FT natch)

Naturally, I'd love to play. But a poor micro-player in a slump hasn't got 3 hundred - or even the $69+6 for one of the MTT Razz sats.

But they do have an $11 SnG and a $24+2 SnG and I found an FTP MTT for it that I had enough points to play. ALL NLHE.

Hence, the whining.

I'm going to go whine at FT now. Anyone care to join me?

betgo 10-09-2007 08:49 PM

Re: whining about FTOPS Razz -

Didn't know about this. I guess it is part of the FTOPS. I plan on playing.

Played the WCCOP and 2nd chance razz events. Didn't do that well, which suprised me, since I beat the 15/30 or so games on FT.

RustyBrooks 10-09-2007 09:21 PM

Isn't there a $40 sng (razz) for FTOPS razz? That's the cheapest razz event I've seen. If anyone wants to back me, I'm taking offers [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

ChipsAhoya 10-09-2007 10:42 PM

I'm pissed because this is the night before the final presentation of my training program and the WCOOP razz event was on one of 4 fridays during the entire 5 months we haven't gotten out by 4:30. Didn't anyone in the WCOOP have a job?

-ChipsAhoya

2461Badugi 10-10-2007 12:12 AM

The last three FTOPS didn't have Razz events at all. So I'm just glad they haven't done away with them forever.

Also, Hi/Lo for the first time is nice.

SGspecial 10-10-2007 12:45 AM

Thanks prax, I jumped on the first satellite they offered and beat the humongous field of 6. I agree there should be some medium-sized field satellites for $10-20 but they may wait till it's a little closer to the event since they have to get enough runners in it for at least a $322 prize pool.

Praxising 10-10-2007 01:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks prax, I jumped on the first satellite they offered and beat the humongous field of 6. I agree there should be some medium-sized field satellites for $10-20 but they may wait till it's a little closer to the event since they have to get enough runners in it for at least a $322 prize pool.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I'm hoping whining at them - uh - making an intelligent and well-reasoned argument - will influence this. PStars didn't have anything but NLHE for for people either until the end.

Yeah, Rusty, the SnG is razz, but for me, it's easier to win a seat in a big MTT because I don't have to win-win, just get close as they often award multiple entries. AND the competition doesn't tend to be as tough.

I suppose some who played the WCOOP must have had day jobs, but there was enough money at stake for one sickday call!

Oh well, I'll rail all o' ya - RAH! GO TEAM!

ChipsAhoya 10-10-2007 01:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I'm hoping whining at them - uh - making an intelligent and well-reasoned argument - will influence this. PStars didn't have anything but NLHE for for people either until the end.

Yeah, Rusty, the SnG is razz, but for me, it's easier to win a seat in a big MTT because I don't have to win-win, just get close as they often award multiple entries. AND the competition doesn't tend to be as tough.

I suppose some who played the WCOOP must have had day jobs, but there was enough money at stake for one sickday call!

Oh well, I'll rail all o' ya - RAH! GO TEAM!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I can't take time off until thanksgiving... [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] We had an important meeting that day at 4 anyway so..... I was screwed...

-ChipsAhoya

RustyBrooks 10-10-2007 01:34 AM

Laptop, bathroom, "bowel problems"

Need I say more? (butt clenches come in handy here)

oscillator 10-10-2007 01:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
butt clenches come in handy

[/ QUOTE ]