Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   We Don't Need No Stinkin' Content: September LC Thread (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=492932)

James. 09-03-2007 08:46 PM

We Don\'t Need No Stinkin\' Content: September LC Thread

summer's technically over, but it's still hot...

small stakes low content if you please. trying to inject any sort of strategy into this thread will result in a ban, personal injury, or both. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

ALL, GOOD LUCK THIS MONTH! Let's tear 'em up!

Frond 09-03-2007 11:06 PM

Re: We Don\'t Need No Stinkin\' Content: September LC Thread

105 F today here in So Cal not too far inland from the beach.

Time for a Good Asian Dinner, The Pyschology of Poker & an icy Newcastle Brown. Not necesarily in that order of course

Ni Han!

KitCloudkicker 09-03-2007 11:06 PM

lol BBV donkament currently running on stars...

Bob T. 09-04-2007 03:27 AM

A story.

When I was in college, shortly after the invention of the internal combustion engine, I went to Chicago on some kind of break with my roommate. We visited bars. ( I know, shocking) and in one of the bars, someone had carved 'Alfonso Bedoya was here.' into a wooden booth.

We didn't know who Alfonso Bedoya was, but my roommate thought it was a cool name, so he frequently said 'Alfonso Bedoya was here', and it became sort of a nickname for him.

Ok, now its fast forwarded to a bungh of years later, to a home game, and at the end of the hand, someone says, 'Ok, show me your aces.' And the other person says, 'Aces, we don't need no stinkin aces.' and shows his hand, which wasn't aces, but it still was a winner.

Anyway, we start talking about where did the phrase, 'Badges, we don't need no stinkin badges' appear in the movies. A lot of people remembered that it was in Blazing Saddles, but nothing in that movie was original, it was all little references to other movies, so that probably wasn't the answer.

Ok, so I go home, and type the phrase into some search engine, and find out that it originally was from 'The Treasure of the Sierra Madre'. And the character that said it was yellowhat, played by .....Alfonso Bedoya.

Anyway, armed with this information, I typed my roommate's name into a search engine, and was rewarded with his position, and office phone number. So I called him told him who Alfonso Bedoya was, and discussed life. Anyway, we called a bunch of our other friends that we were still in touch with, or at least could find, and we all went out and had a couple of drinks and a mini reunion.

There isn't any content here, but you all can answer a couple more trivia questions, if the right situation comes up.

HoneyBadger 09-04-2007 03:36 AM

Re: A story.

The name story is actually quite nice. I like these years-later discoveries.

My research experiment is going the wrong way. Yesterday I tested the second person who reported seeing things that are, as far as we know, physically impossible to see. I looked at the display myself, and I couldn't see properly. The test subject responded she could. I asked what it looked like then. She gave all the correct answers. Why can't people just answer as expected...

Cactus Jack 09-04-2007 09:00 AM

In my college days, during the Jurassic period, we were flipping through old annuals. We came across a guy who went to the UofA in 1947. He became the official sponsor of the Journalism Dept, '79.

Uben Yankinov.

True story.

HoneyBadger 09-04-2007 09:03 AM

hehe [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] What's in a name [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

KitCloudkicker 09-04-2007 09:19 AM

I dunno if you all read the Med Stakes forum, but a bunch of us are going to AC (borgota) this weekend for a twoplustwo meet up. If you're interested send PM's to ProfessorBen. It's prob a bit late to book a room with everyone but if you live in the area its prob a easy enough to arrange a gathering.

James. 09-05-2007 03:08 PM

man, i could spend hours reading the links in the old digests. so many memories of these great posts when i was a complete noob. i had no clue what i stepped right in the middle of at the time. some of the most progressive thinking pertaining to limit holdem is inside of those 2005 digests.

Kit:

if you continue the Blast from the Past feature in the digest, there's gold in those things.

Rico Suave 09-05-2007 04:17 PM

If you are ironpokerxxx on stars, I just want you to know I hate you.

That is all.

--Rico