Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   2 pair river call? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=557232)

Burnsabre 11-29-2007 01:53 PM

2 pair river call?

Villain is 85/10/.6 over 40 hands. Haven't been paying enough attention because too many tables but I assume hes pretty bad.

Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $5/$10
5 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is BB with 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
UTG folds, CO calls, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises</font>, SB calls, Hero calls, CO calls.

Flop: 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (8SB, 4 players)
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">CO bets</font>, Button folds, SB calls, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, SB folds.

Turn: A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (6.5BB, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, CO calls.

River: 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (8.5BB, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">CO raises</font>, Hero calls?

Realyn 11-29-2007 02:18 PM

Re: 2 pair river call?

u know like everbody else that ur two pair is useless against a2o.

call if u think he will ever bluff
fold if u dont think so.

sorry there is nothing much to tell ...

inferno 11-29-2007 02:40 PM

I mostly call this aswell but its a fold

numbnuts007 11-29-2007 03:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

jstill 11-29-2007 03:56 PM

u can call here, you have to fold if the river was a heart tho

Gib 11-29-2007 08:00 PM

I'd call only 'cause I find it a bit weird he would donk a 3 on this flop, oh just had a look his stats i guess it's possible!

SuperUberBob 11-30-2007 01:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

FlopYouDead 11-30-2007 01:42 AM

I would put him on quads, as crazy as that sounds. A guy this passive has enough to donk flop into 3 players and reraise a river 3? It's the only thing that makes sense. I suppose if he's playing any 2 suited it could be worse 2p but it's one of the 2. .6 af can't be bluffing here.

Also lol at flop action. Sweet game selection.

StellarWind 11-30-2007 05:30 AM

I think this would be a terrible fold.

A mere 40 hands worth of stats and no reads? We have no idea how Villain plays postflop. That should be a strong warning against making fancy folds in 11.5 BB pots.

Look at the flop that he bet:

Flush draw - bust
Three OESDs - all bust
Six gutshots with possible backdoor flushes - all bust
Top pair - you're good
Middle pair - you're good
Small pocket pair - you're good

How about an ace? He could have A8/A7/A3 but most of the time that would raise the turn. He could have A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]x [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] but that's both a potential PFR and a potential turn raise. We also have reasonable reason to believe Button mucked an ace. Conclusion: an ace is certainly possible but it isn't that likely.

Could he have a three? Certainly, but consider the implications of putting him on a three. Anyone who would bet the flop with a three is obviously prone to retarded aggression. But if he's prone to retarded aggression then how can you justify an 11.5-1 fold?

Saikkonen 11-30-2007 06:49 AM

Could we just check-call this river. The 3 is a horrible card for us because now we are counterfeited with all higher pocketpairs and all Ax. They are very likely hands in his prefloprange. But if that is the case he has a funny line by not popping the turn and waiting until the river. And if he was on a missed draw he should fold here and he raises - another inconsistency. When I find inconsistency I have trouble folding a fold.