Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   You heard it here first (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=379642)

leatherass 04-16-2007 12:08 AM

You heard it here first

I had zero VPP's as of April 11,2007. By the end of the year I will be a Supernova elite member. For those of you not familiar with how difficult it is to become a Supernova elite member, check out Pokerstars.com and read about just how impossible it is to reach that status. Basically unless I am hanging out with my wife or occasionally playing golf, I will be playing poker. My plan is to ten table the NL games on PokerStars till my eyelids fall off for the remainder of the year. I will probably have to play well over 2 million hands over the next 8 and 1/2 months in order to achieve this. If anyone can do it it's me. My name "leatherass" didn't come from nowhere. I really thought about it a lot over the past two days and the real issue is whether or not I want to put in what it takes to achieve this. My plan was to play a lot of poker early in the year when the weather isn't that great. By doing so I would be able to play a lot of golf in the summer and have fun. Then when the winter hit it would be back to poker again. I am going to have to give up on golf for awhile. I'm sure I can sneak out for the occasional round but I don't have time for much more than that. This is not going to be easy. I am also going to have to give up a few little trips to California that I was planning as well as a lot of the extra time I spend doing things like posting on the forums or just surfing the net. I am going to Europe in September for a week or so and that won't change. So that is going to make it even more difficult. I am basically just going to have to completely focus on poker until December 31st. Wow will I get wasted on New Year's eve...lol. Seriously though, the more I write about this the more I'm thinking of backing out...lol. I won't though. I'm going to do this.

I talked to my wife this afternoon about this as I consider us to completely be a team and I wouldn't do it unless she agreed to it as well. My guess is we will still spend a lot of time together but I may not get to hang out with her as much as we normally do. I decided that it was golf, surfing the net, posting in the forums and a few little golf trips that are going to have to take the hit if I'm going to achieve this. I am going to try and cut back the time I spend with her as little as possible. I am going to be spread awfully thin, but I'm going to do it. I have a feeling my wife is going to be hitting me up for a Porche (cost is 3 million FPP's in the VIP store) at the end of the year [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I think by years' end I should have about that many points. Next year, however, I will be the happiest guy alive. I will be able to go back to playing at my usual pace and I will easily be able to maintain my elite status because I will have all year to accumulate the 50k VPP pointsa month it takes to maintain your elite status. Because I will have elite status next year I will be able to make a fortune as I will earn FPP points at an incredible rate due to my status.

I will continue to work with the people I have already coached, however, I am no longer going to accept any new students. I just simply won't have the time to do it. I guess it's going to have to be all about poker for the rest of the year. My hope is I can also perform really well and save some money. I am a few years away but I am already planning for future family members and I would love to be in great financial shape when that time comes. I am a little nervous to do this. It's going to be very difficult but the rewards are great. I have an opportunity to make enough money to really set my family up nicely as well as a chance to take all of that money I will surely make and invest some of it in progressing through the limits. As an elite member they will also pay my way into two $10k buy in TV tournaments so I will also get a chance to make a name for myself there. So wish me luck everyone and I will keep you posted on my progress when I'm not playing poker [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].

You can follow my progress at XXXXX.com

killsadie 04-16-2007 12:12 AM

Re: You heard it here first

and you wrote this knowing no one would read it?

ikestoys 04-16-2007 12:14 AM

tl;dr

but you are gonna get in trouble for what is basically an ad for your new website

furyshade 04-16-2007 12:15 AM

does the elite last forever if you keep up the 50k vpp a month?

apefish 04-16-2007 12:18 AM

If we didn't hear it here first.... would we even know?
Best of luck with your leather ass I guess.

PokerGolfFiend 04-16-2007 12:19 AM

i can't believe i read all that.

leatherass 04-16-2007 12:22 AM

It's not my website. My blog just get's posted on it.

MusashiStyle 04-16-2007 12:35 AM

hmm... good luck. i don't know if this is so smart but u can't achieve anything with out trying so go for it.

studmuffin 04-16-2007 01:28 AM

Is this the gimmick account of the guy that molested his sister and tried to pass it off as an innocent spider/spanking incident?

AmIAFishy2? 04-16-2007 01:29 AM

youre the man dude....not even joking

Q-School FTW