Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   TPGK facing river aggression (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=546111)

C4LL4W4Y 11-14-2007 05:34 PM

Re: TPGK facing river aggression

and one more thing, i'd want to see his river AF before really being able to make a judgement on his range. if it's high, obviously you have to throw some random pairs in there that are trying to win the hand on a bluff.

Profish2285 11-14-2007 05:37 PM

I dont think trips are in his range much at all for reasons besides the flush draw though. Is a 22/15 really going to limp any hand that contains a 3 with the possible exception of A3. Even A3 is a probable raise though if he is going to play it. Assuming by some chance he has trips though, most tags will raise this turn for other reasons than just protection I think. I will admit that 77 probably is fully possible when I think about it though. I figured all the times we see an ace though or a busted draw this should be a call.

C4LL4W4Y 11-14-2007 05:39 PM

yah, i agree about a 3. i've been hit with the weak/tight bug lately, so take what i say with a grain of salt.

z28dreams 11-14-2007 05:42 PM

I dunno this is such a weird spot.

I probably call because it's such a small raise, and a lot of idiot villains at these stakes think "Hey! I have 2 pair! I need to raise!", even though the board is paired.

FWIW, I've seen some TERRIBLE 25/15 players - do not rely just on stats. I've seen some of the worst post flop players ever run tag'ish numbers preflop.

z28dreams 11-14-2007 05:44 PM

Added to note: You line looks a lot like a whiffed FD that took a shot at the river.

Of course, river raises down here pretty much terrify me.

smeyers003 11-14-2007 06:25 PM

This really looks to me like a flush draw that backed into top pair. If he's a smart player the raise is made thinking he may get you to fold out chop hands and if called at worst he's chopping. If he's a donk he thinks he's raising for value.

Sometimes you may run into 77 here but I think its just as likely he has missed lower diamonds. I call here every time and expect to be chopping 80-90% of the time.

ickismang 11-14-2007 07:55 PM

he easily could have had a7d, missed his flush on the turn and raised on the river with the higher two pair.

WHITEBOYAEHS 11-14-2007 08:52 PM

hmm....did villain have a boat by any chance?

chadattak 11-14-2007 09:09 PM

Why bet the river anyway, you dont get much value. Let him bet
middle pair or busted flush trying to represent the 2 big cards on the board.

chadattak 11-14-2007 09:13 PM

And the river raise with an A here is a play usually made by poor player, so this is a fold if he has a clue.