Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Brag: local wins wpt foxwoods (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=554848)

willie 11-26-2007 03:21 PM

Brag: local wins wpt foxwoods

so yeah, vela actually lives near my hometown and took down the foxwoods ME and has the trophy that i stopped in front of everyday for about 3 weeks to look at. He also has the 1.7 million..yay.

unfortunately he is an insufferable douche. He was before he won the ME and he still is now.

He showed up at the local 2/5 spot and blew off 2k pretty quickly (read: 3-4 hours).

I pulled him aside and congratulated him, he was actually at my table when mike white knocked me out (kqo > aq s nh sir). I got to asking him about durrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgod.

"So, how was dwan?"
"He was a cocky little punk."

"oh really? It's probably because he's just THAT good mike."

"Nah, I wasn't impressed. When we were doing the wpt interviews pre-final table he was just shaking he was so scared."

"Oh yeah?"

"Yeah, then he lost a few million on the first two hands. He shoved in from the button on me and i called with KJ. He had been tilty so i put him on a 9 or ten and figured KJ was really good. He rolled over AK and i looked at him and i said- "Bad news for you son is that the Jack is coming on the river." then BAM jack on the river."

seriously. this conversation happened. I wish i could somehow get him to load 500k into an online site so he could spew off his winnings to durrr. I loathe this man and hope he keeps coming around to get destroyed by people who are super average at low stakes cash NL. I need the money.

Brag: Vela wins foxwoods and lives closeby
Beat: he is a megadouche
variance: 1.7million winner showing up in wsop flannel pj bottoms for the nosebleed 2/5nl game.

Astyanax 11-26-2007 03:24 PM

Re: Brag: local wins wpt foxwoods

I think this is NVG material. --------> oh wait

good stuff op

durrrr 11-26-2007 03:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]

"Nah, I wasn't impressed. When we were doing the wpt interviews pre-final table he was just shaking he was so scared."

[/ QUOTE ]

this is really funny if he actually said it...

Triumph36 11-26-2007 03:25 PM

wow wow wow -

Astyanax 11-26-2007 03:25 PM

Durr, challenge him heads up for rollz ldo.

thursday 11-26-2007 03:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

well.. WERE YOU?!

Wilpro 11-26-2007 03:29 PM

prob only shaking because he stayed up all night short stacking 200/400 PLO [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

willie 11-26-2007 03:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

definitely did, i figured it was cause the chick was really hot who was interviewing you.

I also told him how lucky he got when deeb folded KK preflop in what would have been a chop

"it wasn't that lucky, I had him covered by a ton blah blah blah I'm great weee blah blah."

JJBuffone 11-26-2007 03:34 PM

lawl at this goon

willie 11-26-2007 03:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]

"Yeah, then he lost a few million on the first two hands. He shoved in from the button on me and i called with KJ. He had been tilty so i put him on a 9 or ten and figured KJ was really good. He rolled over AK and i looked at him and i said- "Bad news for you son is that the Jack is coming on the river." then BAM jack on the river."

[/ QUOTE ]

i hate quoting myself, but when he was telling me this stuff. I was eyeing up his pj bottoms and listening to his babble. I looked at him with the purest form of confusion and hatred during this monologue of stupidity. He actually said that preflop he put him on a "Nine or ten" and i could feel myself dying internally.

I don't know if any of you have ever listened to somebody talk and just tried to express "i hate you" facially. That's what i was projecting.