Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   High Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   weird situation. is there any ethics consideration here? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=543592)

Torello 11-11-2007 02:25 PM

Re: weird situation. is there any ethics consideration here?

Look this is easy. If he wasn't messing around and showing cards, and the hand was straight up, there's a 100% chance you would stack him right?

Why should his messing around cost you money? I could see not taking an extra advantage off of someone's kindness, but this is not that. You stacking him is what this hand is meant to be, and it's not fair for you to give that up.

Stinger88 11-11-2007 02:28 PM

are you trying to advocate folding or something? If you really wanna be nice then just shove and maybe he can figure it out, if not call and he'll probably think you have a set and he'll shove non-pairing turns at least if not any.

mikech 11-11-2007 02:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
no ethics involved really just shove - i mean wtf else can you have after that? i would probably laugh and say this is pretty sick for you or something. i would just be completely straightforward and not feel bad about any of it.

[/ QUOTE ]
i guess you're right. i think what i should've done is push, then be as blatantly obvious as possible that i have 56, or as another poster replied, shove, and mirror what he did and flip 'em up.

what i did instead was offer him a deal. well, i asked him if he wanted to make a deal. when i asked him that, he realized he was in a pretty sick spot. he offered, "let's chop it." i said, "i can't do that, but i'll let you take back your 1500 raise if you fold and give me the pot."

i did NOT show him my cards as we were discussing this. i was planning not to show my cards even if he did accept my proposal. he thought for a long time, like 5 mins, and actually mucked. even as he folded, he said, "i still don't believe you have a better hand than me," then offered me a black chip ($100) to see. i took the black chip and showed him.

Sponger. 11-11-2007 02:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
swedish guy raises to 100. i have 6c5c, and before i can call, he flashes me the ace of spades.

[/ QUOTE ]

People who do this need to get stacked.

bottomset 11-11-2007 03:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
there's a 100% chance you would stack him right?

[/ QUOTE ]

it chops 13% of the time

but yeah shove and get his money

Keepitsimple 11-11-2007 03:28 PM

lower the stakes about 10 times. a friend of mine did this. I shoved. He folded. I showed a bluff..

FiSheYe 11-11-2007 03:31 PM

I call here 100% of the time, then get it in on the turn or river (depending on how I think I can maximize my expectation).
Afterwards I tell him to never do that again because I hate to win that way against friendly ppl (apparently I don't hate it against douchebags).
Afterwards invite him for a [censored] awesome expensive meal, you pay everything.

MikalSjekson 11-11-2007 03:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
show a 5 and push

[/ QUOTE ]

I like this one...

wtfsvi 11-11-2007 03:38 PM

I think push and show your cards is the correct play.

Yeti 11-11-2007 03:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
call and show a 6.

[/ QUOTE ]

haha this didn't get enough love