Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Puzzles and Other Games (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Choose Your Own Adventure Vol I: The Road to Eleria (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=361361)

shortline99 03-27-2007 11:39 AM

Re: Choose Your Own Adventure Vol I: The Road to Eleria
 
[ QUOTE ]
If the wolves treated the poison as purely an extra kill, then it doesn't require much thought to wonder why they used it on shorty.

However, if they considered how it would affect our view of shorty (ie, confirmed villager) until he dies, I wonder if they picked him over the other options because he was on the wrong track? I mean, if shorty is right, why give him the extra leverage to push his suspect? He does pretty good getting the people he wants lynched anyway. Just a thought.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't think they were too concerned: it's just an extra kill, and I only really get one day to change minds and such. Tomorrow, silenced, then dead.

<u>HEY PRIEST - YOU MAY WANT TO LIKE CURE ME IF YOU CAN</u>

Boiler_bd 03-27-2007 11:49 AM

Re: Choose Your Own Adventure Vol I: The Road to Eleria
 
Some thoughts:

-agree with traz too much trash was posted yesterday. I'm not going to read through the non-vowel posts unless I have to.

-The last few games I have played with sighing he has been a wolfy villager and lynched because of it.

-using the halfway rule on traz day 2 is LOL. (IE traz is evil becuase he wasn't poisoned/night killed).

lynch IY until I find something better.

durron597 03-27-2007 11:49 AM

Re: Choose Your Own Adventure Vol I: The Road to Eleria
 
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

2) Why not go tiedup with durron? Can't be that bad

[/ QUOTE ]

this seems bad even for luckay.

[/ QUOTE ]

actually luckay following me around like a lapdog happens more often when he's a villager than when he's a wolf

on the other hand, he knows that

shortline99 03-27-2007 11:50 AM

Re: Choose Your Own Adventure Vol I: The Road to Eleria
 
i'm pretty certain luckay is also not evil

shortline99 03-27-2007 11:51 AM

Re: Choose Your Own Adventure Vol I: The Road to Eleria
 
bringing us to:

<u>not evil</u>:

Durron
Luckay

LuckayLuck 03-27-2007 11:53 AM

Re: Choose Your Own Adventure Vol I: The Road to Eleria
 
[ QUOTE ]
bringing us to:

<u>not evil</u>:

Durron
Luckay

[/ QUOTE ]

this is the same list I have, with lots of minor not evils
it doesn't not make sense for me to therefore follow durron on tiedup vs you on sighing since I have sighing as a minor not evil

though if you really want me to vote sighing, I will shortline

shortline99 03-27-2007 11:55 AM

Re: Choose Your Own Adventure Vol I: The Road to Eleria
 
definitely not against a tiedup lynch

Thebram 03-27-2007 11:58 AM

Re: Choose Your Own Adventure Vol I: The Road to Eleria
 
fdxma is still evil

lol at anyone posting yesterday after the "event"

durron597 03-27-2007 11:58 AM

Re: Choose Your Own Adventure Vol I: The Road to Eleria
 
[ QUOTE ]

lynch IY until I find something better.

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't hate this, but i still like sighing / tiedup more

shortline99 03-27-2007 12:01 PM

Re: Choose Your Own Adventure Vol I: The Road to Eleria
 
okay, new plan

we're working with IY and TiedUp today

GetThere1Time 03-27-2007 12:01 PM

Re: Choose Your Own Adventure Vol I: The Road to Eleria
 
**************************************GROUP DAY EVENT**************************************

GetThere1Time 03-27-2007 12:02 PM

Re: Choose Your Own Adventure Vol I: The Road to Eleria
 
p. 47 cont...

You follow your messenger quite a ways through this foreign land. The scenery changes from dense forest to plains, rolling hills, and tall grass. Cut neatly through the fields is a dirt path. Your messenger leads you carefully forward as you trot along, your paranoid eyes constantly shifting to try and catch a glimpse of any danger through the reeds. As you move through, much of your surroundings look the same but you start to notice some slight changes. The rough dirt path widens to a trodden dirt road and then into well-paved mud brick. Your troop follows the road winding through grass and over one hill after another. Finally, you scale one last large mound to see a booming city in front of you. From the top of your hill you can see down into the city. There's a large keep surrounded by a great wall. Inside of the wall you can see many stone houses with thatched rooftops, large wooden stores, and a bustling bazaar.

Your messenger speaks up.

"Welcome, Hawks, to the city of Toria-ran Keep. The ancestors of Eleria captured this fortress from the Barbarians of Johek and turned this military base into a rich bustling metropolis over the centuries. The keep itself still stands strong and is a warning against any who think to invade this fine city."

You descend down the path, through the gates, and into the city.

Will you:

<u>turn to page 55</u> - Go to a nearby Inn. It's been a long, hard, journey. A much needed hamshank, glass of ale, and warm bed would do well for your morale as well as your back.

<u>turn to page 109</u> - You find a local Fighter's Guild. It looks like the perfect place for a group such as yours to shack up for a few nights.

<u>turn to page 61</u> - Your spirits need uplifting. You decide it would be wise to go to a nearby Temple and ask your god for a blessing. If nothing else this may reenergize your brethren and boost overall morale.


Please put the page number your are voting for in the subject line of your PM and send it to me before 4pm. Thank you.

**************************************GROUP DAY EVENT**************************************

econophile 03-27-2007 12:05 PM

Re: Choose Your Own Adventure Vol I: The Road to Eleria
 
I've always wanted to visit a Fighter's Guild.

dmk 03-27-2007 12:06 PM

Re: Choose Your Own Adventure Vol I: The Road to Eleria
 
All,

Page 61 is the best choice. 55 is a close 2nd.

shortline99 03-27-2007 12:07 PM

Re: Choose Your Own Adventure Vol I: The Road to Eleria
 
<u>Fighter's Guild</u>

LuckayLuck 03-27-2007 12:07 PM

Re: Choose Your Own Adventure Vol I: The Road to Eleria
 
** STRATEGY POST **
Page 55 was not trapped by the saboteur. Choose 55
** STRATEGY POST **

econophile 03-27-2007 12:07 PM

Re: Choose Your Own Adventure Vol I: The Road to Eleria
 
[ QUOTE ]
<u>Fighter's Guild</u>

[/ QUOTE ]

Rule # 1: Don't talk about Fighter's Guild.

traz 03-27-2007 12:08 PM

Re: Choose Your Own Adventure Vol I: The Road to Eleria
 
no shirts, no shoes baby

xoom 03-27-2007 12:08 PM

Re: Choose Your Own Adventure Vol I: The Road to Eleria
 
I like 55 best.

dmk 03-27-2007 12:10 PM

Re: Choose Your Own Adventure Vol I: The Road to Eleria
 
Possible outcomes w/ 61:

Shorty is cleansed from his poison
Divine Protection (no night kill)
Divine Providence (seer peek?)

etc etc

Praying = best way to go. Our god(s) will provide.

shortline99 03-27-2007 12:11 PM

Re: Choose Your Own Adventure Vol I: The Road to Eleria
 
i think maybe 55 is better for curing my poison

traz 03-27-2007 12:12 PM

Re: Choose Your Own Adventure Vol I: The Road to Eleria
 
Why does no one else like the sound of shacking up?

Zurvan 03-27-2007 12:12 PM

Re: Choose Your Own Adventure Vol I: The Road to Eleria
 
[ QUOTE ]
i think maybe 55 is better for curing my poison

[/ QUOTE ]

Beer is a known cure for poison.

dmk 03-27-2007 12:13 PM

Re: Choose Your Own Adventure Vol I: The Road to Eleria
 
FWIW, I really think the Fighter's Guild is the worst option. I already voted for Temple and obviously think its our best choice.

I won't be upset w/ the Inn, but possible outcomes could be drinking too much and getting stabbed in our sleep.

dmk 03-27-2007 12:13 PM

Re: Choose Your Own Adventure Vol I: The Road to Eleria
 
[ QUOTE ]
Why does no one else like the sound of shacking up?

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe our leaders were killed while sleeping.

FCBLComish 03-27-2007 12:13 PM

Re: Choose Your Own Adventure Vol I: The Road to Eleria
 
[ QUOTE ]

I blame myself for not knowing when night fell. I signed on at 9:30 ready to do what I could to save Chim, only to see he was already dead.

So, sorry about that.

[/ QUOTE ]

This post is very wolfy!

vote nez

shortline99 03-27-2007 12:14 PM

Re: Choose Your Own Adventure Vol I: The Road to Eleria
 
dmk:

be aware that all of them involve potential saboteur traps and that the wording of each option would not be changed based on the trap

Zurvan 03-27-2007 12:14 PM

Re: Choose Your Own Adventure Vol I: The Road to Eleria
 
I like fighter's guild or temple. Fighter's guild could be added strength. Temple could cure shorty, or provide some protection, etc.

I see only downsides with the Inn.

kbar13 03-27-2007 12:15 PM

Re: Choose Your Own Adventure Vol I: The Road to Eleria
 
I like page 55

The temple seems like a likely sabatoge target imo

LuckayLuck 03-27-2007 12:15 PM

Re: Choose Your Own Adventure Vol I: The Road to Eleria
 
Focus, people

55 (Inn): sounds like a complete waste of time. HOWEVER, in CYOA, things that sound like a complete waste of time are NOT a complete waste of time. And it's an inn, everyone knows there's all sorts of sidequest rewards and juicy gossip in the inn! Plus, it hasn't been trapped by the saboteur. Let's go!

61 (Temple): This is an obvious place where we'd go to cure shortline, and the saboteur has trapped it

109 (Fighter's Guild): This is an obvious place where we'd go to "train", and the saboteur has trapped it

dmk 03-27-2007 12:15 PM

Re: Choose Your Own Adventure Vol I: The Road to Eleria
 
Shortline,

I'm well aware of the potential traps. However, like yesterday, its likely that the benefits will outweigh whatever danger lies ahead.

econophile 03-27-2007 12:16 PM

Re: Choose Your Own Adventure Vol I: The Road to Eleria
 
wait, saboteur gets two traps?

dmk 03-27-2007 12:17 PM

Re: Choose Your Own Adventure Vol I: The Road to Eleria
 
Luckay,

I strongly disagree with your analysis since you haven't addressed the severity of the potential trap.

xoom 03-27-2007 12:17 PM

Re: Choose Your Own Adventure Vol I: The Road to Eleria
 
[ QUOTE ]
Possible outcomes w/ 61:

Shorty is cleansed from his poison
Divine Protection (no night kill)
Divine Providence (seer peek?)

etc etc

Praying = best way to go. Our god(s) will provide.

[/ QUOTE ]

This makes sense. I vote 61.

traz 03-27-2007 12:17 PM

Re: Choose Your Own Adventure Vol I: The Road to Eleria
 
I think 55 is the worst option fwiw.

I actually do like 109. I think the saboteur is most likely to trap the temple, and I think 109 could pay some interesting dividends

dmk 03-27-2007 12:17 PM

Re: Choose Your Own Adventure Vol I: The Road to Eleria
 
[ QUOTE ]
wait, saboteur gets two traps?

[/ QUOTE ]

No.

LuckayLuck 03-27-2007 12:18 PM

Re: Choose Your Own Adventure Vol I: The Road to Eleria
 
[ QUOTE ]
Luckay,

I strongly disagree with your analysis since you haven't addressed the severity of the potential trap.

[/ QUOTE ]
All the options are unknowns virtually, whatever an option seems like it's not. Basically, we're blindly choosing between 3 virtually random options (who'd have expected a 3-way unknown masonry to occur by following a guide?), the saboteur is placing the trap on whatever sounds best because village is a sucker for choosing these things.

We definitely have to go inn, there's no trap there.

LuckayLuck 03-27-2007 12:19 PM

Re: Choose Your Own Adventure Vol I: The Road to Eleria
 
BTW, are night options trapped also? I chose to "interrogate the tour guide" not because I'm evil, but beacuse I thought it wasn't trapped

LuckayLuck 03-27-2007 12:20 PM

Re: Choose Your Own Adventure Vol I: The Road to Eleria
 
<u>THERE ARE TRAPS EVERYWHERE ZOMG.</u>

dmk 03-27-2007 12:20 PM

Re: Choose Your Own Adventure Vol I: The Road to Eleria
 
Luckay,

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement:

Our bonus from yesterday's group event was great despite the fact that we ran into the Saboteur's trap.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:23 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions Inc.