Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   MOD DISCUSSION (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   Something that's been bothering me for a while (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=486992)

citanul 08-26-2007 09:20 PM

Something that\'s been bothering me for a while

In the sidebar there's a "home" button. Like every other webpage on the planet has a graphic or header you can click on to return home. Also, even if there were no reason to believe people would use such a header or whatever ever, I can't believe anyone ever clicks this link on purpose. So yeah, pretty much worthless, in my eyes. Maybe there's statistics on how many times it's clicked that'd make me feel foolish.

MrWookie 08-26-2007 09:23 PM

Re: Something that\'s been bothering me for a while

Wow. I had to look pretty hard for that button. That being said, I don't really have an idea as to what this means or if we should care.

Buzz 08-26-2007 09:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In the sidebar there's a "home" button.

[/ QUOTE ]Citanul - ???

On the left hand side of the space where I type or read messages or posts there is a list of forums and links. On the right hand side, there are various commercial type buttons eg. "play poker on-line etc." At the top of the screen I type is a "my home" (underlined) where I can click to get to the place to read my messages.

But there's no "home" button on the side-bar. Never has been, whether I'm hooked up via Mac computer or Dell computer.

[ QUOTE ]
Like every other webpage on the planet has a graphic or header you can click on to return home.

[/ QUOTE ]Right. Mine is at the top of the screen for 2+2 forums or the 2+2 on-line magazine. Always has been.

[ QUOTE ]
Also, even if there were no reason to believe people would use such a header or whatever ever, I can't believe anyone ever clicks this link on purpose. So yeah, pretty much worthless, in my eyes.

[/ QUOTE ]Not at all. I get private messages almost daily, mostly asking for copys of articles I have written.

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe there's statistics on how many times it's clicked that'd make me feel foolish.

[/ QUOTE ]Unless it somehow slips my mind, I check my 2+2 messages every time I use my computer. I go to "my home" to do it.

You must be talking about something I somehow don't have. I'm curious. (There is a "home" link under "other links" that gets me to the 2+2 "home page."

Buzz

citanul 08-26-2007 09:49 PM

Buzz, it's under "other links"

which is under "sponsored support forums"

it's not exactly in the way, but it's also hugely useless.

edit: i see at the end you saw this one. yeah, that one.

tuq 08-26-2007 09:59 PM

I'm curious how one four letter word link buried at the bottom of the sidebar can cause you such angst. It's the only link in the forums that will take you two www.twoplustwo.com, whereas on most sites their logo or whatnot will be at the top of the page and clickable, which will return you to the site home. Not the case here for whatever reason.

That makes it the only link on the page to take a reader to twoplustwo home...where they can buy books...which can keep this whole thing running. If anything it should be made more prominent or replaced with a clickable logo at the top of the sidebar.

iron81 08-26-2007 10:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm curious how one four letter word link buried at the bottom of the sidebar can cause you such angst.

[/ QUOTE ]
Welcome to the home of "Internet, Serious Business": The 2+2 moderator forum.

Buzz 08-26-2007 10:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Other Links
Books
Authors
Abbreviations
Calendar
Order Form
Books by Others
Favorite Links
Feedback
Advertising Information
Home
Posting Hints
Privacy Notice

[/ QUOTE ]is how mine reads, and the "Home" gets me to the 2+2 home page.

That 2+2 home page advertises the different books available from 2+2 and currently publicizes a new book that will be forthcoming soon:[ QUOTE ]
Professional No-Limit Hold 'em: Volume I by Matt Flynn, Sunny Mehta, and Ed Miller, $29.95

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think the page is useless to 2+2 publishing, the sponsor of the forums.
And I'll buy the new book when it comes out. I like knowing to expect it.

What I don't see anywhere is a link to this particular forum.

Buzz

durron597 08-27-2007 12:41 AM

maybe where it says "the 2+2 forums" at the top should be a graphic that when u click it goes back to the homepage

citanul 08-27-2007 12:51 AM

all,

perhaps my intent was unclear.

durron has nailed what the overall point of my comment was meant to be.

i think the link, as it is, is horribly useless. no one would ever look for it there. something like replacing the lame "the 2p2 forums" with a clickable graphic would bring 2p2 more in line with the rest of this glorious system of tubes.

the only issue there would be that the link couldn't say "the 2p2 forums" and then take you to the 2p2 home.

personally i think that they should make books/authors/ordering more prominent overall, but whatever.