Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   1,000th post: Revealing my secret identity (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=513867)

Warteen 10-02-2007 11:54 AM

1,000th post: Revealing my secret identity

So I realized I had a one thousandth post coming up, which is, of course, something of a milestone. I wanted to think of something sufficiently dramatic, and then it occured to me that I have a kind of secret that I haven't declared on 2p2 yet. I've made a few friends and a few enemies on the collective forum (most posts in uNL, now SSNL, and BBV), and I'm sure plenty more people who will go "huh? who's that guy?" This reveal is mainly for the benefit of the latter crew.

I graduated from Michigan State University (go green) with a computer engineering degree that I don't care for back in December, and have been residing in East Lansing since. I recently celebrated my 24th birthday (the misleading SN is now approximately a decade old) and have long run the semi-popular website asdfasdfasdfasdfasdf.com. I am currently working part-time as a substitute teacher in the area, and playing poker almost exclusively on WPX as a hobby; my recent bankroll-tripling tournament finish, chronicled here, has vaulted me into playing for significant real-life money (since I am not particularly wealthy), an exciting development. This is all merely background on me - the portion interesting to the reader concerns my second job, started over a month ago:

I work as a personal assistant to one Andrew Robl, A.K.A. good2cu.

I will be taking questions.

BowToYourSensei 10-02-2007 11:55 AM

Re: 1,000th post: Revealing my secret identity

this explains SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo much

PwnedDonk 10-02-2007 11:56 AM

how do you manage to wipe his brow without getting exhausted?

5thAve 10-02-2007 11:58 AM

1. is his penis as small as he alludes to through his pathetic shipitholla website.

grouchie 10-02-2007 11:58 AM

has he ever had you lick the sweat off of his balls after a particularly bad beat that got his blood pressure up?

Paul B. 10-02-2007 12:00 PM

1) What does he pay you
2) your site is ugly and not popular at all
3) what kind of stuff does he make you do

5thAve 10-02-2007 12:00 PM

i wouldnt be suprised if this was a multiaccount built to 1000posts for credibility just so good2cu could praise himself.

Warteen 10-02-2007 12:02 PM

You are all sick. But, as promised:

[ QUOTE ]
how do you manage to wipe his brow without getting exhausted?

[/ QUOTE ]

The camera adds 5 inches to his forehead. He is actually pretty normal-looking.

[ QUOTE ]
1. is his penis as small as he alludes to through his pathetic shipitholla website.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thankfully, I wouldn't know.

[ QUOTE ]
has he ever had you lick the sweat off of his balls after a particularly bad beat that got his blood pressure up?

[/ QUOTE ]

No. When I've seen him play, he has been moderately even-tempered.

StarkNaked 10-02-2007 12:03 PM

Your site is pretty crappy imo.

BUT FINAL FANTASY III IS A GREAT [censored] GAME!

Sponger. 10-02-2007 12:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
my recent bankroll-tripling tournament finish, chronicled here,

[/ QUOTE ]

for those that missed he he won $1,200

Warteen 10-02-2007 12:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
1) What does he pay you
2) your site is ugly and not popular at all
3) what kind of stuff does he make you do

[/ QUOTE ]

1) I get 15 bucks an hour, a fine rate of pay. Hopefully he won't mind that I told; shouldn't be a problem since I knew about this before applying for the job, as did others.

2) This is not technically a question, but... I acknowledge that the layout is pretty basic (or "ugly" if you prefer); I don't have much fancy HTML knowledge and I've always leaned toward content. A few years ago, the site was getting 15k unique hits a year without me advertising, which I think is fairly respectable.

3) I take care of the upkeep in his house (before anyone asks, I am not the "butler" in his recent Vegas story, and was not present), book flights, make payments on things, do most of his shopping, do some data mining, and whatever other chore he might come up with. There will be jokes (comes with the territory), but none of it is of a sexual nature.

Warteen 10-02-2007 12:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i wouldnt be suprised if this was a multiaccount built to 1000posts for credibility just so good2cu could praise himself.

[/ QUOTE ]

That would be kind of funny, but no, I am very much my own man.

Nick-Zack 10-02-2007 12:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Your site is pretty crappy imo.

BUT FINAL FANTASY III IS A GREAT [censored] GAME!

[/ QUOTE ]

Turn the stupid music off. Music on any website makes me hit the little X in the corner.

88jayhawks 10-02-2007 12:26 PM

how many hours a week do you work for him?

Warteen 10-02-2007 12:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
how many hours a week do you work for him?

[/ QUOTE ]

Around 13 on average. Mostly in the afternoon, usually during the week.

popeye18 10-02-2007 12:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I take care of the upkeep in his house (before anyone asks, I am not the "butler" in his recent Vegas story, and was not present), book flights, make payments on things, do most of his shopping, do some data mining, and whatever other chore he might come up with. There will be jokes (comes with the territory), but none of it is of a sexual nature.

[/ QUOTE ]

i like good2cu. Guy knows how to live.

gostatego 10-02-2007 12:32 PM

do you both live in lansing?

r3vbr 10-02-2007 12:34 PM

Hmmm good idea I need a butler also

Warteen 10-02-2007 12:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
do you both live in lansing?

[/ QUOTE ]

East Lansing, and yes. He is in the downtown area near Hagadorn, and I am closer to Okemos, just north of Grand River (though I haven't been spending much time at my new place).

Warteen 10-02-2007 12:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Make sure you can find someone trustworthy and competent. The main reason I got this job over other qualified candidates was that there is a mutual friend who could vouch for me.

Georgia Avenue 10-02-2007 12:47 PM

Are you invited to parties and clubs or does he make you stay at home? DO you get to carry the wallet? How often does he work out? How often do you? What's his favorite kind of fast food?

I know you can't answer this, but I'm really curious as to how ridiculous his lack of insight is...mildly amusing fobile or full-blown self-delusion?

Have you met any famous (read: TV) pros while working for him? Does he know any IRL? Does he know any non-poker players at all? What kind of chicks hang out at the compound?

Why do I care about this idk imo.

BuddyQ 10-02-2007 12:49 PM

http://www.uh.edu/engines/servant.jpg

inyourface 10-02-2007 12:56 PM

what do you want to do when the SIHB boys all go bust and/or stop making money?

Warteen 10-02-2007 01:04 PM

I'm glad you care, it gives me something to do.

[ QUOTE ]
Are you invited to parties and clubs or does he make you stay at home?

[/ QUOTE ]

I have been invited to parties at his house (and have helped set up for them), but I have not been interested in attending as I don't drink (unusual I know) or smoke, and don't really consider myself much of a partier. Plus, I've got a few years on his whole crew, so it would be a little uncomfortable. I haven't been invited to any clubs yet (though I would probably respectfully decline, for the reasons stated above). I was not invited to Aruba.

[ QUOTE ]
DO you get to carry the wallet?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, if I need to. Mostly I end up just taking the credit card, and I keep a sheet with his info on it in a safe place for when I need to sign up for things / make payments on his behalf.

[ QUOTE ]
How often does he work out?

[/ QUOTE ]
Very frequently, at least once every other day, some weeks almost every day.

[ QUOTE ]
How often do you?

[/ QUOTE ]
I play basketball and dodgeball on campus (mostly the former), and I try to do one or the other at least 4 times a week. My body is not as good as I would like it to be, and I am not motivated enough to lift weights, but I love to compete and am pretty decent at the sports I play (being 6'4" helps a lot in basketball).

[ QUOTE ]
What's his favorite kind of fast food?

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm going to go with Qdoba (chicken burritos with no beans and grilled vegetables), with Jimmy John's being second.

[ QUOTE ]
I know you can't answer this, but I'm really curious as to how ridiculous his lack of insight is...mildly amusing fobile or full-blown self-delusion?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that he has developed a considerable amount of insight/self-awareness in the last year or so. He has talked about how he's not going to be making hard drug posts anymore, is not partying as hard, and cares about his image and future (hence the recent "hookers and blow: not sustainable" comment). I do not think reading his BBV posts gives the whole picture, but obviously there is that aspect present. Can't say too much more on this topic.

[ QUOTE ]
Have you met any famous (read: TV) pros while working for him?

[/ QUOTE ]
Not yet.

[ QUOTE ]
Does he know any IRL?

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm sure he has met a few, but as far as "knowing" them I'd say not beyond the 'balla' crew (Alan Sass, EM2, etc.). I know he talks with Mark Vos sometimes. Beyond that, I'm not sure.

[ QUOTE ]
Does he know any non-poker players at all?

[/ QUOTE ]
This is kind of a funny question in its profundity. He has one roommate who is not a poker player (the other recently became one mainly because of his influence). Most of the people I see him hanging around with are poker players, though.

[ QUOTE ]
What kind of chicks hang out at the compound?

[/ QUOTE ]
College chicks, mostly attractive and prone to drinking excessively. They are not usually there at all hours of the day, though (unless they have spent the night).

popeye18 10-02-2007 01:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Make sure you can find someone trustworthy and competent. The main reason I got this job over other qualified candidates was that there is a mutual friend who could vouch for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did people actually apply who were not qualified enough to get his groceries?

Warteen 10-02-2007 01:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
what do you want to do when the SIHB boys all go bust and/or stop making money?

[/ QUOTE ]

Presumably this would mean the death of online poker has happened, which will rule out becoming a part-time poker player myself for sustainable income. So if I absolutely had to pick a career (which I am not planning on doing right now), it would probably involve getting a teaching degree.

Warteen 10-02-2007 01:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Did people actually apply who were not qualified enough to get his groceries?

[/ QUOTE ]

This one girl seemed normal enough when she applied, but when he turned her down (saying he was going with the friend of a friend for the security of it), she wrote a rather psychotic email about how she had driven for 3 hours just to apply. I wouldn't want her handling my money or my food.
Also, keep in mind that this is a college town, and most of the applicants were probably college students. Does that answer your question? Most of my friends are still in college, but you get my stereotypical drift.

Warteen 10-02-2007 01:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
http://www.uh.edu/engines/servant.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, that's me on the right. This is an actual photograph.

Vega33 10-02-2007 01:15 PM

Do YOU need a personal assistant?

I think it'd be kind of cool to be the personal assistant to good2cu's personal assistant.

Warteen 10-02-2007 01:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Do YOU need a personal assistant?

I think it'd be kind of cool to be the personal assistant to good2cu's personal assistant.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hah. No thank you. I need to stay humble.

icanseeyourcards 10-02-2007 01:19 PM

http://www.adbutler.de/uploads/pics/butler_01.jpg

IHaveStrong9 10-02-2007 01:19 PM

how much is Good2cu up this year overall? how about the other guys in that group? who is up the most?

martijn 10-02-2007 01:21 PM

Will you drop him and work for me if I offer 20$/houre?

Warteen 10-02-2007 01:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
how much is Good2cu up this year overall? how about the other guys in that group? who is up the most?

[/ QUOTE ]

I genuinely have no idea about anyone else in the group, and I don't think the boss would want me divulging this info about him even if I had it in my head, which I don't. "Well enough to hire me" is the only answer I can give.

Warteen 10-02-2007 01:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Will you drop him and work for me if I offer 20$/houre?

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought about this, actually. The answer is that I would at least give him a chance to match any offer first.

ArtieFish 10-02-2007 01:27 PM

Does he make you wear anything formal?
Have you ever prepared a bath for him?
Does he have a nickname for you? And if yes, what is it?
If you were his pet instead of his "butler," what animal do you think you would be?
If you were turned into an inanimate object like the movie Beauty and the Beast, what item would you be? Second part: Do you think he would still like you if you were a French candlestick holder?
Did you ever consider asking him for a cut of the college girls as a part of your income?

Warteen 10-02-2007 01:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Does he make you wear anything formal?
Have you ever prepared a bath for him?
Does he have a nickname for you? And if yes, what is it?

[/ QUOTE ]

A blanket "no" to these questions.

[ QUOTE ]
If you were his pet instead of his "butler," what animal do you think you would be?

[/ QUOTE ]
Presumably a trained chimp.

[ QUOTE ]
If you were turned into an inanimate object like the movie Beauty and the Beast, what item would you be?

[/ QUOTE ]
I guess I would be an electric fan, because I help keep things cool.

[ QUOTE ]
Second part: Do you think he would still like you if you were a French candlestick holder?

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't know how to answer this. Lumiere was a pretty sweet character though.

[ QUOTE ]
Did you ever consider asking him for a cut of the college girls as a part of your income?

[/ QUOTE ]
No, for a few reasons:
1) Drunk girls aren't that hard to come by here, and probably aren't that hard to pick up.
2) I think random sexual encounters are immoral and would not be interested in partaking.
3) I have a girlfriend and I value my body parts.

whorasaurus 10-02-2007 01:37 PM

Do you get a discount on poker lessons?

ArtieFish 10-02-2007 01:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
If you were turned into an inanimate object like the movie Beauty and the Beast, what item would you be?

[/ QUOTE ]
I guess I would be an electric fan, because I help keep things cool.

[/ QUOTE ]

But ceiling fans are so much more badass and probably make for a more dynamic character. I mean think about it, all angry at the world cause you can't move and you're always dizzy and confused. What a [censored] life, but what a chance to change with the loving touch of Belle (played by a coked-out college girl).

bonds 10-02-2007 01:42 PM

Approximate number of times you've heard G2CU say "ship it holla!"?

(information needed to settle prop bet resulting from this thread)