Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Person to person transfers. [OP is a "MUST read", or be scammed!] (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=434828)

cardman 06-27-2007 02:00 PM

Re: Person to person transfers.

[ QUOTE ]

If he is sending first what diff does it make?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because when I saw his first post in this thread requesting a $160,000 transfer I thought it was a joke post.

Even with an image screenshot, I'd be very wary about him but at least people would be less likely to think it's a joke post. Still wouldn't prove he's trustworthy but at this stage, nobody is taking his post seriously. Even with an image screenshot, it would still be too suspicious sounding. But maybe people would be curious enough to ask more questions.

It just sounds shady...

BradleyT 06-27-2007 02:24 PM

I didn't follow the old huge thread because I never really had any need to transfer so this might have been covered somewhere within the 30 pages of posts.

Anyway, how safe are the funds you receive? Is it possible that someone can load up $500 in fraudulent funds on a site and then transfer to you and you're on the hook for that money? Any safeguards we can take to prevent this? We see those posts in the Zoo stating, "LOL I deposited $2,000 in bad funds on stars - should I pay them back?" but those usually end with the person losing all the money rather than trying to "launder" it to a new site. It all just seems risky to me. Am I paranoid or can we receive "bad funds"?

pkrblog 06-27-2007 02:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I didn't follow the old huge thread because I never really had any need to transfer so this might have been covered somewhere within the 30 pages of posts.

Anyway, how safe are the funds you receive? Is it possible that someone can load up $500 in fraudulent funds on a site and then transfer to you and you're on the hook for that money? Any safeguards we can take to prevent this? We see those posts in the Zoo stating, "LOL I deposited $2,000 in bad funds on stars - should I pay them back?" but those usually end with the person losing all the money rather than trying to "launder" it to a new site. It all just seems risky to me. Am I paranoid or can we receive "bad funds"?

[/ QUOTE ]

I would assume it is most certainly possible to be the recipient of fraudulent funds. People could deposit with a fraudulent cc and then transfer to you. FTP seems to prevent this. Stars is another story alltogether.

LetsGetItOn 06-27-2007 03:35 PM

Did a successful transfer with user "squashington".

Mike Haven 06-27-2007 04:06 PM

I very much doubt if the sites would let someone deposit and then transfer funds without having played a reasonable amount in relation to the deposit. That would make the transaction look too much like the site was being used as a banking vehicle, and they don't like that.

Mike Haven 06-27-2007 06:45 PM

Every time someone alleges they are scammed I will copy-paste this post and add the new alleged scammer's name, (as long as it appears to be a genuine and non-malicious allegation). So far, we have alleged scammers:

ace_acehigh on UB

alan227 on Stars

annathedonk on Stars

docccjr

HateToFold33 on FTP

JamesBond_AA on Prima, Stars and FTP

limitninja = limitninja on Stars and FTP = limitninja15 on Absolute

Low_Card2

p0kerpl4yer2007 on FTP

pokerplayer4352 on FTP

pushdonkey on Absolute

Randy Hickey on Stars

Rick305

Sk00l4m3nts

strongbad311 on Stars

Thebigyak

TiltHappens on UB

wsucoug2010 on FTP and Stars

Note: I have removed pkrblog = floppynuts = joshman on Stars from the list as he has traded properly and no actual scam allegations have been made against him. This is the last time this Note will be included.

(Please pm me with the playing names of alleged scammers, so that I can add them to the record. Thanks.)

Please read all earlier warnings. Either we ban all mentions of transfers, period, or you must accept that they are entirely at your own risk; people are trying to scam you; you should obtain real life details, (name, address, phone number), about people in order to inform the police if you are scammed; exchange full details of the proposed transfer by e-mail; you should only transfer in amounts you are prepared to lose; google and Search the other person's name; ask here for references; it seems likely but not definite that most scammers are newer posters; if the other guy won't transfer first, transfer in a number of small amounts; ask the other guy to sit at a table with his bankroll in front of him; etc; etc.

If you are in any doubt, or unwilling to risk losing the amount of money involved, don't offer to transfer first. Realise that you are likely to be scammed if you do.

"Let the buyer beware."

michaelantoi 06-27-2007 09:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I need $880 off Party onto FTP.

Will pay extra if you send first. Reputable posters I will send first. If you are asking for vig then dont bother.

[/ QUOTE ]

augie_ 06-27-2007 10:35 PM

have ftp. need stars. will pay a vig for large transfer with someone i trust.

schmirob 06-28-2007 12:34 AM

Re: Person to person transfers. *DELETED*

Post deleted by Mike Haven

pkrblog 06-28-2007 01:25 AM

$325 of my tilt for $300 of your stars. You send first, 3 references. Will provide phone number and name if asked.

PM if interested.