Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   big draw facing huge overbet (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=556762)

globetrotter 11-28-2007 08:39 PM

big draw facing huge overbet

I figure I have 15 outs twice so it's a call, but I'm not real happy about it. Thoughts?

Ultimate Bet No-Limit Hold'em, $.50 BB (6 handed) Ultimate Bet Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

SB ($216.80)
BB ($41.10)
UTG ($28.30)
MP ($8.65)
Hero ($50.20)
Button ($48)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls $0.50, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $2.5</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to $5.75</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG folds, Hero calls $3.25.

Flop: ($12.50) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $44.45</font>, Hero?

derosnec 11-28-2007 08:51 PM

Re: big draw facing huge overbet

i think call because you're a coinflip against one pair (AK etc) and with the dead money you're good to go. only bad thing is if he has a higher flush draw (AQs, AJs, etc). this is rarely a set.

john_bcfc 11-28-2007 08:58 PM

I would call. Looks like AK to me. Dont think he has a set. Aces...maybe, but against them you're a favourite. Weren't you hoping for a flop like this???

TheWorstPlayer 11-29-2007 04:36 PM

definitely call on the flop. but i'd fold preflop here. JT is not a good hand to play in this spot. I also wouldn't raise a short-stacked UTG limper with JTs. I'd rather limp behind. They will be limp/re-raising too often to make the raise profitable.

jackatwork 11-29-2007 04:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
definitely call on the flop. but i'd fold preflop here. JT is not a good hand to play in this spot. I also wouldn't raise a short-stacked UTG limper with JTs. I'd rather limp behind. They will be limp/re-raising too often to make the raise profitable.

[/ QUOTE ]Hey TWP slummin' it! I agree with the flop call, but a little unsure about preflop. I would usually limp this in the CO with a short stack UTG limper, but you're advising just fold it initially, or to the 3bet? I would think that with position and the size of the 3bet, calling the 3bet is fairly standard.

NeverScurred 11-29-2007 04:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I also wouldn't raise a short-stacked UTG limper with JTs. I'd rather limp behind. They will be limp/re-raising too often to make the raise profitable.

[/ QUOTE ]
I disagree with this. A half-stack player at this level is probably not limping to get tricky and LRR; he's limping because he's a weak and passive idiot. An iso here seems incredibly standard to me.

jackatwork 11-29-2007 04:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I also wouldn't raise a short-stacked UTG limper with JTs. I'd rather limp behind. They will be limp/re-raising too often to make the raise profitable.

[/ QUOTE ]I disagree with this. A half-stack player at this level is probably not limping to get tricky and LRR; he's limping because he's a weak and passive idiot. An iso here seems incredibly standard to me.

[/ QUOTE ]Oops, I thought UTG was the guy with the $9 stack. Yeah, I think a raise seems standard here.

TheWorstPlayer 11-29-2007 05:04 PM

I could be off at these stakes since they are a little low even for me to coach at, but at say NL100 or NL200 I definitely would limp JTs and not raise it in this spot. And yes, I'd fold it to the reraise.

Monster207 11-29-2007 05:11 PM

Wow, pretty awesome to have a poster of your level commenting on a few hands down at this level. Thanks TWP

TheWorstPlayer 11-29-2007 05:24 PM

no problem! thought i'd go through and comment on some of the ones that had few responses...