Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   High Stakes MTT (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=89)
-   -   $5k Borgata Summer Open Hand (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=434370)

AdamBragar 06-23-2007 08:30 PM

$5k Borgata Summer Open Hand

I'm down at the Borgata playing the main event ($5k) of their Summer Open. Yes, running a 5k event in Atlantic City while there is a circus of poker activity going on in Vegas is a bold move. However, this tournament has a sick structure.

We started with 50k in chips and 25/50 blinds. About an hour and a half into the tournament I have 48k in chips. I am probably viewed as a very tight player and have shown down one hand (KK) which I lost when some guy called my cbet on the flop with A high and spiked an ace on the turn.

50/100 Blinds

UTG+1 player makes it 275. He has been opening fairly regularly (more than anyone else) and he absolutely HATES to fold. I'm pretty sure that he would rather kill a family member than fold a hand. He has already made some ace high call downs (and a King high call down). He's probably 22, wearing sunglasses, a wpt shirt and looks like a complete douche. If this was all an act and he's a 2+2er, it was the biggest leveling of all time. He has about 42k in chips. A NYC regular I play with a lot calls, meaning he has any 2 cards. A tight player in the highjack calls. I look down at

A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and make it 1300 total. Too small a reraise considering stack sizes?

Douche instacalls, NYC regular calls (he still has any 2 cards including 27), tighty calls (he apologized to me as he called). (As a side note, besides his actions at the poker table, douchebag mcgee is a pretty nice guy)

Flop

K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Checked to me, I bet 3k. Correct bet size?

Douche calls, others insta fold.

Turn: 5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Douche thinks forever and bets 2500. I?

betgo 06-23-2007 08:39 PM

Re: $5k Borgata Summer Open Hand

Flat call the turn.

sirtimo 06-23-2007 09:01 PM

I'm assuming your the button. Preflop I'd raise to 1800-2000.

You could probably bet 2500 on the flop and get the same result. As Is, against 3 other players on this board my ass is puckering.

I probably flat call the turn, check behind a non diamond river but I suck. Villian could have something like 44 here and block betting to not get pushed off his draw.

curtains 06-23-2007 09:13 PM

I'd usually just check behind the flop.

willie 06-24-2007 12:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

wow....really?

i'd want the hand to end there if at all possible

as for the turn- i think flatcall.

curtains 06-24-2007 12:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

wow....really?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd like the hand to end here too [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Id still check

AdamBragar 06-24-2007 01:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

wow....really?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd like the hand to end here too [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Id still check

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, does everyone put on a skirt when it's a monotone flop?

For clarification, if the NYC regular or tightie put one chip in the pot on the flop, I was done with the hand.

Is there any chance that the turn bet is a blocking bet for a diamond draw/ace high value bet (this guy really hated folding).

The one problem I felt with raising here is that there was a 3 bet possibility with any hand that beat me (set or flush) plus he would possibly 3 bet any king (AK, KQ, KJ, K10) with or without a diamond in his hand. Any 3 bet would almost definitely be a minreraise. I also had absolutely no idea at the time if this guy was capable of bluffing a naked ace of diamonds. However, on the turn he bets 2500 into a 11k+ pot. Can I let this type of agression stand?

I also think folding is a possible option here because there are 9 outs that scare me on the river and if I call he's betting any river.

curtains 06-24-2007 01:50 AM

You are 8 billion chips deep. Your hand is weak facing any kind of action. The turn clarifies things immensely. I want to keep the pot small and if the turn is a safe card, now no one is getting close to the right odds with any draw.

I dunno I really think checking the flop is best, it makes it very hard for you to get bluffed off the best hand if a diamond doesn't come.

Tyler Durden 06-24-2007 11:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

wow....really?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I like checking the flop through as well, however when the turn bricks and douchebag bets out you are essentially letting him set his own price. It's not a bad line but buyer beware.

Todd Terry 06-24-2007 12:10 PM

Assuming he has any clue what he's doing, which according to you he probably doesn't, his bet only makes sense as a blocking bet. There's over 11K in the pot, he's betting and giving you odds to hit a flush, assuming you have a draw to one. If he has a not-nut flush or a set, this bet is moronic. The other possibility is a nut flush, then the bet makes more sense, although I would bet more with it.

I think a blocking bet is the most likely explanation for the bet, so I would raise to 7500 or so. If he calls or raises, you're not putting another chip in the pot.

I don't think there's any way he 3 bets one pair (even calling a raise with it would be very unlikely), and even 3 betting a set would be a very risky thing to do.

If this is attributing too much logic to him, then assume small bet means big hand and fold.