Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   8/16: Funny hand (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=403169)

Leader 05-14-2007 08:11 PM

8/16: Funny hand

6 Handed

Folds to BT, a bad loose player, who limps. I complete 22. BB, a bad player that at least trying not to suck, checks.

Flop AAQr

I c/r BT bet

This is how I play this flop when I hit, fwiw

yourface 05-14-2007 08:47 PM

Re: 8/16: Funny hand

pf seems quite marginal. it'll suck big time if BB raises. I would fold here.

flop seems ok to me. it is very unlikely that button has a A or Q given his openlimp. we are likely ahead and there is too great a chance that button checks behind the turn to c/c. I also c/r this flop if I hit.

Leader 05-14-2007 08:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
pf seems quite marginal. it'll suck big time if BB raises. I would fold here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I'd really think about pf. This guy isn't really the type to raise light. If he was, I wouldn't play mostly. I'm pretty comfortable finding ways to take down a few extra pots in this situation in any case. Mostly by just leading out into dry flops. So I feel like it's worth it.

Guruman 05-15-2007 12:28 AM

i like this line better than leading, although neither really represents a real hand because if you hit it you'd have raised pf most of the time.

Leader 05-15-2007 12:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
you'd have raised pf most of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

hmmm...I often limp Ax hands here esp. with a loose BB. If I'm going to be playing like A5o 3 handed, I'd rather play it in a 3SB pot.

ghcnoob 05-15-2007 03:08 AM

P/f seems ok to me as you get 5-1 odds to hit your set. Unless the button folds to the BB's raise. Hitting the 2 will disguise the hand well and you should make up bets.

gehrig 05-15-2007 03:09 AM

wtf @ this thread

folding preflop is not even close to being an option

theres two idiots in the pot and it costs u one quarter of a big bet to see a flop with a pair

PokerSparky 05-15-2007 03:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
wtf @ this thread

folding preflop is not even close to being an option

theres two idiots in the pot and it costs u one quarter of a big bet to see a flop with a pair

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you. I read the original post like three times because I thought I was missing something.

tiltowhirl 05-15-2007 08:30 AM

Looks good fwiw. I'm curious, what is the plan if villain calls?

djmeehan 05-15-2007 08:50 AM

Folding preflop is not an option getting 5 to 1 against 2 weak opponents. It would help to know what your image at this table is. If it's tight solid and you think there is a reasonable chance the BB will fold I raise preflop in this situation sometimes to try to isolate a weak player with a pocket pair and dead $ in the pot.

As played preflop I guess this line is OK. You are trying to rep the Q I assume and hope everyone else has nothing. What is your plan for the turn and river if you are called? I would bet the turn and check fold the river here unless button is so bad he would call you down with a gutshot and bet river if checked to UI.