Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   New UB Check Fee (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=537276)

Foucault 11-02-2007 11:07 PM

New UB Check Fee

I guess this is kind of a PSA since I haven't seen it mentioned here and UB doesn't inform you of it when you request a check, but apparently they are now charging $8 if you cashout via check by mail, $25 if it's by courier.

I requested my cashout a little over a week ago, and received the check very quickly, so that was nice, except that it was $8 light. I double-checked their website, which explicitly says no fee for check by mail, and then e-mailed support. To their credit, they responded within hours and refunded the $8 to my account, but emphasized that this was a courtesy and that future checks would incur an $8 fee as a result of "recent industry changes and increased costs from our providers".

The fee itself isn't particularly unreasonable, but it's pretty shady that they haven't provided any notification.

Pokeraddict 11-02-2007 11:10 PM

Re: New UB Check Fee

It's not new and AP does it as well.

john voight 11-04-2007 02:18 AM

im pretty sure the fee is somewhere on the site, b/c when i took about a few Gs out of UB (1 month ago maybe?), I knew they would be 7-9$ short...

Uglyowl 11-04-2007 09:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I guess this is kind of a PSA since I haven't seen it mentioned here and UB doesn't inform you of it when you request a check, but apparently they are now charging $8 if you cashout via check by mail, $25 if it's by courier.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point, I went to cash out of Absolute and saw that Fedex was free. I thought "Absolute must be trying to go above and beyond after the superuser scandal". Well it couldn't have been farther from the truth, they say it's free and then hammer you with a $25 charge. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Uglyowl 11-04-2007 09:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It's not new and AP does it as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can verify on Absolute that on the fee column Fedex and mail were both listed as "free" while I was cashing out. See above

Mental 11-04-2007 12:57 PM

Yet people keep playing there and even new people are looking to sign up with them.

I weep for the human race sometimes.

chicagoY 11-04-2007 05:28 PM

Shady and unreasonable=UB

chicagoY 11-04-2007 05:29 PM

It is new I did four cashouts over the summer for free

Pokeraddict 11-04-2007 05:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It is new I did four cashouts over the summer for free

[/ QUOTE ]

What's your definition of new? It's November. They have been charging for checks since at least July according to posts in this and other forums. Of course it is shady for them to charge for a check, isn't this the type of thing rake covers? Would you expect anything other then shady from this group though?

As mentioned anybody that plays at either room has serious issues.