Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Pokerstars 1/2 QQ (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=147762)

Badger 06-26-2006 11:36 AM

Pokerstars 1/2 QQ

Villain appears to be somewhat aggressive and a little loose.

PokerStars 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) internettexasholdem.com

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP3 calls.

Flop: (5.50 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, Hero calls.

How do you feel about the slow play here?
Reasons I did it-
My thoughts are 17 cards in the deck are scare cards for me. And I think the ones that aren't make for a better raise on the turn.
If villain has a FD:
If he's going to bet it at me I'd rather wait til the turn is clear to raise him.
He could have a made straight, but I'm not really worried about that yet.
If he does have a Q or smaller PP I want him to think I whiffed so he'll bet at me on the turn again and I can raise him there for .5BB more.
Maybe one of my non scare cards would even give him a set, 2pr or something else.

Is this a good spot to wait?

gharp 06-26-2006 11:44 AM

Re: Pokerstars 1/2 QQ

I support this slow-play.

kiemo 06-26-2006 11:45 AM

If this is me, I pretty much know he has JT and no way the house is coming, but thats just the way I roll. You probably dont have my crap luck though so I raise here. Make him pay for his draw now.

Badger 06-26-2006 11:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If this is me, I pretty much know he has JT and no way the house is coming, but thats just the way I roll. You probably dont have my crap luck though so I raise here. Make him pay for his draw now.

[/ QUOTE ]
That's exactly my thinking. He almost has to be on a draw against me. I'm thinking I can make him pay more for it on the turn.

bozlax 06-26-2006 11:47 AM

Boooooooo!

It's not like you're going to fold the turn if the J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] falls. Beat this flop like a rented mule.

bozlax 06-26-2006 11:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
That's exactly my thinking. He almost has to be on a draw against me. I'm thinking I can make him pay more for it on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

He's aggressive and drawing. Without a read that he's a) absolutely incapable of stopping himself from betting when his draw doesn't hit, and b) absolutely incapable of folding, slow-playing this is asking to be sucked out on, and leaving money on the table.

That is all.

Badger 06-26-2006 11:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
He's aggressive and drawing. Without a read that he's a) absolutely incapable of stopping himself from betting when his draw doesn't hit, and b) absolutely incapable of folding, slow-playing this is asking to be sucked out on, and leaving money on the table.

That is all.

[/ QUOTE ]
Well he's not overly aggressive. I forget exactly what his AF was but it was in the neighborhood of 1.6-1.8.

Since he's not gonna be folding this anyways I don't see waiting as making me any less likely to be sucked out on.

bozlax 06-26-2006 11:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

That is all.

[/ QUOTE ]
Well he's not overly aggressive. I forget exactly what his AF was but it was in the neighborhood of 1.6-1.8.

Since he's not gonna be folding this anyways I don't see waiting as making me any less likely to be sucked out on.

[/ QUOTE ]

Forget the sucked out on part. It is 100% leaving money on the table, especially if he's not folding. You raise this flop and hope he gives you the opportunity to cap.

Quester 06-26-2006 11:57 AM

(grunch)

I'm not slowplaying here. He may have JT, but I'm probably experiencing Monsters Under the Bed syndrome if I think this.

I think his range here is pretty wide. Could be 9's or 8's, or AQ, KQ, etc.

If he 3-bets I may slow it down, but a set of Queens is good against a large portion of his range with this flop I think.

Fantam 06-26-2006 11:59 AM

I would prefer to raise the flop, as opposed to wait to raise a safe turn card.

Even though your opponent is laggy, there is no guarantee that he will continue to bet if he misses his draw on the turn.