Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Stud (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   To nitty? Stud8 (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=544720)

xxeximusxx 11-12-2007 10:38 PM

To nitty? Stud8

I think its fine, but maybe other might disagree

7 Card Stud High-Low ($2/$4), Ante $0.40, Bring-In $0.50 (converter)

3rd Street - (1.60 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___completes
Seat 2: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Hero: 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 4: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___
Seat 5: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___brings-in___calls
Seat 6: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls___calls
Seat 7: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls___calls
Seat 8: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds

BH2O 11-13-2007 12:14 AM

Re: To nitty? Stud8

I think it is a good fold. I am kind of new to stud8, but have found middle pairs on 3rd don't much more than loose money.

Rush17 11-13-2007 02:01 AM

Depends on the players. Would a double raise knock out the Queen? Your implied odds aren't that great, because most astute players won't take their hands pass a certain point if you catch an Ace along the way. I guess if I thought I stood a good chance to get the hand to HU, I would play/raise it, otherwise, it's a fold for me.

Andy B 11-13-2007 03:03 AM

I call, but I think the fold is OK. I don't think you give up much of anything by folding, and it's very easy to lose money with hands like this on the later streets.

Zagga 11-13-2007 07:48 AM

lots of low cards already dead, and you have a crappy pair, only think you can hope for is aces up, trips or 8 low and changes for everything isn't that great, I would fold too

betgo 11-13-2007 12:01 PM

I would call here. The hand is not very good, but As and 8 are live, even though your low outs are dead. This is easy to dump if you don't improve, and therefore easier to play than AA/KK.

Lottery Larry 11-13-2007 12:44 PM

I'd repop against average or bad players and dump to better than average. The deuce completion worries me, just based on the cards, so reraising is dicey.

Folding isn't out of line IMO

AlanBostick 11-13-2007 02:20 PM

You've got a crippled low hand, and a mediocre high hand at best. An overcard is active in the hand.

Muck it and wait for a better opportunity.

Tha Stunna 11-14-2007 01:34 AM

Would you play 99A here? It's basically the same hand when you have 2 low draws against you. Fold, unless people will fold if you reraise and they probably won't.