Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Beginners Questions (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Is it +EV for me to take on Neverwin (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=87)

Neal_Schon 07-11-2005 04:18 PM

Is it +EV for me to take on Neverwin

Hey,

I'm new to this forum. Often, folks make posts along the lines of "I have such and such a plan to go pro by playing at these stakes and making so many big blinds per hour and so on". I have a different approach, based on the theory that a professional, while smarter than me, has less information. That is, there is tons of information on professional players available. But pros have no information on me. So, as an experiment, I've chosen an internet pro at random (Neverwin) and I've collected all of the information I could (from his site and watching him play) and studied it. I'm pretty sure I have his betting pattern figured out.

Now, I'm an above average mid\low stakes limit player (.50\$1 at pokerstars, usually) and I've been playing for about six months and I'm up. So I'm pretty good, but I probably couldn't take Neverwin based just on stone cold ability alone. Thats where the "edge" I get from the footage comes in. So I figure I can probably take him to school for a while in cash games before he has a chance to study my style and figure out how I'm outplaying him hand after hand after hand after hand. So basically, here are my questions:

1. Do any of you know of other poker players who have gone pro and earned a profit this way?

2. Are any of you interested in offering financing? Neverwin only plays in high stakes cash games, so I'd probably need a couple hundred thousand in financing to get started. If you're interested, or know anyone who might be, send a PM and we can discuss terms. I really think this is a profitable idea.

If financing proves difficult, maybe Neverwin will finance me himself. He's probably pretty arrogant and thinks he can beat me, so I wouldn't be surprised if he floats me a loan. And then, if I do lose, it would be in his interest to coach me so I gain the skills I need to make the money back.

Anyway, I think I'm ready to get out of the kiddie pool, make some moves, and hurt Neverwin in a cash game.

Comments appreciated,

Neal

JoshuaD 07-11-2005 04:19 PM

Re: Is it +EV for me to take on Neverwin

I'd stake you. PM me.

augie_ 07-11-2005 04:21 PM

So let me make sure I read this correctly. You want to move from micro-limits to playing the biggest game online against one of the best headsup/short handed players there is?

Excuse me while I...

*cough*

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

This part was especially good:

[ QUOTE ]
2. Are any of you interested in offering financing? Neverwin only plays in high stakes cash games, so I'd probably need a couple hundred thousand in financing to get started. If you're interested, or know anyone who might be, send a PM and we can discuss terms. I really think this is a profitable idea.

[/ QUOTE ]

jgorham 07-11-2005 04:21 PM

Maybe you should start with Phil Ivey.

Alobar 07-11-2005 04:22 PM

funniest....post....ever!

I wish this was for real too, that would make it even better

JoshuaD 07-11-2005 04:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So let me make sure I read this correctly. You want to move from micro-limits to playing the biggest game online against one of the best headsup/short handed players there is?

Excuse me while I...

*cough*

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he's got an interesting strategy and that we'd be passing up a potentially huge edge if we didn't stake him.

I'm gonna buy 100,000$ of this guys action.

jason_t 07-11-2005 04:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Excuse me while I...

*cough*

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he's got an interesting strategy and that we'd be passing up a potentially huge edge if we didn't stake him.

I'm gonna buy 100,000$ of this guys action.

[/ QUOTE ]

So, not only do you have an imaginary hot girlfriend, but you also pretend that you're worth at least $100k.

Cancuk 07-11-2005 05:07 PM

In all sincerity...is this real?

JoshuaD 07-11-2005 05:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So, not only do you have an imaginary hot girlfriend, but you also pretend that you're worth at least $100k.

[/ QUOTE ]

We just plundered a dragons treasure horde in my DnD game, I'm worth alot more than 100k.

SomethingClever 07-11-2005 05:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
1. Do any of you know of other poker players who have gone pro and earned a profit this way?

[/ QUOTE ]

All famous pros got where they are by using this exact same strategy.

Pick out a big name "pro" that looks weak and just own the crap out of them in a heads-up game.

Or, as you mentioned, lose, but get tutored by the pro afterward.

Johnny Chan was a penny-ante amateur until he borrowed $4 million and played Brunson heads up 2000/4000.

They say the game lasted 3 weeks, and at the end they were both broke due to the rake!

But they they both challenged Amarillo Slim to some 7-card-ball and wiped the floor with him.

Everyone lived happily ever after.