Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   oh crap (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=215359)

rt1 09-18-2006 10:08 PM

oh crap

8 handed game where I open A9o in the CO

Button 3 bets. Both blinds call.

I have never seen the button get out of line, but he knows I am opening in the CO so he can be raising light here.

Blinds are awful awful awful awful.

Flop comes 8JQ, checks to the button who checks.

Turn is a T.

SB leads, BB calls, I raise, Button 3 towns, SB calls, BB calls... I fold.

----

Anyone play this different? Anyone try to show this down, anyone not raise the turn?

I am not even sure if this hand is post worthy.... but have heard mixed reviews from different 2+2ers

private joker 09-18-2006 10:10 PM

Re: oh crap

It sure does look like AK. Yeah I think you're chopping at best, possibly drawing dead, plus you have to dodge several cards on the river. Not a bad fold.

SackUp 09-18-2006 11:10 PM

What the hell is he 3 towning other than AK if the guy is anything but decent? Unless he has A9 as well?

I like the raise with two guys already committed, especially with your reads, as these guys will call with a lot of crap that does not involve a 9.

PokerBob 09-18-2006 11:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What the hell is he 3 towning other than AK if the guy is anything but decent?

[/ QUOTE ]

a baaaaaaaad mutha.

TiK 09-19-2006 12:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What the hell is he 3 towning other than AK if the guy is anything but decent?

[/ QUOTE ]

a baaaaaaaad mutha.

[/ QUOTE ]

Shut your mouth.

Joe Tall 09-19-2006 12:44 AM

This is not a laydown you should be making for one bet in a huge pot like this. Just out of the chance he is playing a set without thinking anyone has a straight.

Dazarath 09-19-2006 04:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This is not a laydown you should be making for one bet in a huge pot like this. Just out of the chance he is playing a set without thinking anyone has a straight.

[/ QUOTE ]
I wouldn't really argue he's laying it down for 1 bet, because he has little chance to improve vs the likely hands that are beating him, so we're paying 2 BBs to get to showdown.

vmacosta 09-19-2006 06:03 AM

I just returned to live, full ring mid-limit holdem these last two months, so forgive me if I'm a bit rusty.

I think this is a very easy call. There are already 19 BBs in this pot and there is a decent chance you have a 2way chop with the button's 99. Even if the button has AK, we have 3 outs to a chop. There's also always the small chance that button is pushing a big draw (2pair + FD or OESD + FD for instance). And don't forget that people sometimes get out of line PF with T9s or whatever.

I can't see letting one extra SB put in PF force us into such a rigid read that we give up on this enormous pot.

Dazarath 09-19-2006 06:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I just returned to live, full ring mid-limit holdem these last two months, so forgive me if I'm a bit rusty.

I think this is a very easy call. There are already 19 BBs in this pot and there is a decent chance you have a 2way chop with the button's 99. Even if the button has AK, we have 3 outs to a chop. There's also always the small chance that button is pushing a big draw (2pair + FD or OESD + FD for instance). And don't forget that people sometimes get out of line PF with T9s or whatever.

I can't see letting one extra SB put in PF force us into such a rigid read that we give up on this enormous pot.

[/ QUOTE ]
Ignore my previous post. I completely forgot about his A.

Ballers83 09-19-2006 02:56 PM

Based on your description, I am 95% sure the button has A-K, nice fold