Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   Flopping sets is not fun. (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=554827)

1o BoY 11-26-2007 02:50 PM

Flopping sets is not fun.

Trying out 6max again and forgot how tough some decisions can be, iv no notes or stats as I mainly play HU, UTG+1 was playing TIGHT limping a fair bit, BTN no reads, SB was a little more active other than that the table is a ghost town.

My main issue with this hand was I had no plan regardless of my move on later streets.

BetFred Poker Sirius 2/4, hand converted by the iPoker Converter at Talking-Poker

saw flop

Button Button ($170)
SB Hero ($495)
BB BB ($420)
UTG ($498.50)
UTG+1 UTG+1 ($440.70)
CO ($505.20)

Preflop: Hero is in the SB with 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
1 fold, UTG+1 calls 4, 1 fold, Button calls 4, Hero calls 2, BB checks.

Flop (16) 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Hero checks, BB bets 14, UTG+1 raises to 40, Button calls 40, Hero...

berserk 11-26-2007 02:52 PM

Re: Flopping sets is not fun.

Raise/get it in, i don't think its too close

rand 11-26-2007 02:56 PM

imo button and BB are both pretty much irrelevant
if you think there is value against the raiser then get it in, besides there are nasty turns

also, i would lead this flop

tuckercat 11-26-2007 05:47 PM

maybe i'm missing something, but i think flopping sets is a lot of fun. i don't think this is close either, get it in.

*FamilyGuyFan* 11-26-2007 05:59 PM

LEAD FLOP

Nick Royale 11-26-2007 06:17 PM

Bet the flop obv.

Otherwise I can't see what a really tight player will felt on a relatively dry board in an un-raised pot that's worse than our hand. Probably call and re-ev.

1o BoY 11-26-2007 07:24 PM

Ok thanks guys, a few things…. does leading the flop not equal the same thing as I ascetically become the BB so UTG+1 still plays the same way? making a reraise of mine look even stronger? I find it hard to believe people would be happy to get it in here, I mean what the hell plays back at me if i reraise?

ipokeder 11-26-2007 07:27 PM

getting it in is really really bad, you guys are retarded

i'd probably just call at this point; play a turn and try to show down

leading the flop is much better because the board checking through is not good and you want the other players in the pot to define their hands; in a situation like this you'll be lost on turn/river and your hand is very marginal between the ranges wyou should be stakcing off and folding.

Irish Mafia 11-26-2007 07:42 PM

^^^^
LOL. Hope to just get to a showdown? what? so he has A-5/5-6/33/44 to raise this flop? I want to get it in here badly.

Edit - sorry I didn't see the cold-caller on button. W/ zero reads its really hard to give positive feedback on this hand.