Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   another dubious one (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=551722)

n.s. 11-21-2007 07:47 PM

another dubious one

Live 10-20 full kill.

CO is an old man who's slowly getting drunker. He's pretty loose passive PF and like to cold-call me a lot with crap as bad as 34s, but he'll 3-bet his better hands (he 3-bet me with AKo one time). Post-flop he's oddly tight passive and is a bad hand reader (he has a streak of hardcore nit in him).

SB (villain) is Darkman for those who know him. He's a bad player, loose and erratically agressive. He's good at getting value of his big hands, though, which is probably what keeps him from being a giant loser in the game (people give him too much action sometimes). He'll make some weak calldowns - several times he's check-called his way to showdown and then mucked when his opponent show something like 3rd pair no kicker. I don't know if he's the kind to call down with A high, though. He's not a total showdown monkey and can fold sometimes, especially in small pots. He seems to give me less action than most people (I was pretty card dead when I first started the session and the first time I raised he made a goofy comment about it being the 2nd time he's ever seen me raise in his life).

PF: Hero is HJ with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
folds to hero, hero raises, CO 3-bets, button folds, SB calls, BB folds.

Flop: 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (3 players, 10.5 SB)
SB checks, hero checks, CO mutters disgustingly and checks behind.

Turn: 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (3 players, 5 BB)
SB checks, I look left and CO clearly looks like he's done with the hand, I bet, CO folds, SB calls.

River: Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 players, 7 BB)
SB checks, Hero bets, SB raises, Hero..?

The turn bet felt weird, but I knew that CO pretty had to have pretty much exactly AK and he really did look ready to fold (not because he put me on a straight, but because he missed and wanted to move on to the next hand) - but of course I still have darkman to worry about it. Pot too small to make this move?

The river left me really confused - he really should have me beat here, but just calling the turn with any big piece of the board isn't his usual style (he'd usually say something stupid like "bring an 8 and I'll feel great", while check-raising his two pair/made straight/set/etc...).

formula72 11-21-2007 08:29 PM

Re: another dubious one

If you put him on AK then simply check call. I don't mind the bet on the river if you are able to fold to a raise.

n.s. 11-21-2007 10:01 PM

Re: another dubious one

[ QUOTE ]
If you put him on AK then simply check call. I don't mind the bet on the river if you are able to fold to a raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

I put CO on AK, not SB. CO folded the turn (before I had a pair).